VaynerMedia is a digital agency that helps Fortune 500 companies tell their stories. Our expertise in strategy, creative, photo and video production, and ad buying yields work that drives actual business results. We day-trade consumer attention, guiding our diverse clientele to focus on the platforms that command the attention of their specific customers, whom we captivate with the highly targeted videos and content we develop. With offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, and Chattanooga, TN, we market for the year we live in, we live and breathe emerging technology and we are always growing.
We are currently looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Financial Operations department in New York.
Who are you?
Highly organized, highly motivated, goal and detail-oriented self-starter who is looking to jump in and embrace the Agency’s Financial Operations team structure and responsibilities.
The task at hand:
- Work with the following Departments to understand business priorities and portfolio-specific financial needs: Financial Operations and cross-functional partnership with Shared Services (A/P and A/R), Accounting, Client Services and Project Management
- Liaison with the Shared Services (A/R) team, working closely with direct oversight to track the invoicing process using Netsuite (ERP), from invoice creation to ensuring Client’s payments occur timely and accurately while maintaining a strong Client relationship
- Coordinate with Shared Services & Treasury to follow-up & analyze overdue A/R
- Responsible for preparing monthly revenue recognition, including coordination with Accounting as part of the monthly closing process
- Provide support to the Financial Operations Lead throughout the monthly close, including ensuring all monthly invoicing has been completed and tracked to support revenue recognition
- Responsible for Purchase Order (PO) approval
- Coordinate with Shared Services (A/P) to ensure payment has been made to our vendors and the relevant PO process has been followed
- Participate in project wrap meetings, when applicable, to provide context and ensure projects can be fully closed out (impacts revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable and WIP releases)
- Understand and review agency budgets and scope of works (SOWs) to ensure financial invoicing details and payment terms are accurate
- Ad hoc projects: budget analysis, agency costs, exposure to forecasting & staff cost tracking
The ideal candidate has:
- 2-4 years of work within an agency or business service environment in a Financial Operations, Client Finance or Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management skills, including the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Experience with Netsuite (or a similar commercial ERP required)
- Experience with Adaptive Insights (or similar planning tools) considered a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and Google Sheets (pivot tables and Vlookups will be your best friends).
- Strong ability to partner with cross-functional teams and address business concerns in a diplomatic fashion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team while thriving in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Unsure if you meet the qualifications? We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive and representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, and behaviors. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Base Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health and Wellness benefits