We’re VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative and media agency built for the now. Born in social, our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect and create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Mexico City. We are recognized for our work in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD and The Webbies to name a few.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMedia EMEA is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time – PEOPLE. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. In EMEA, we are proudly 250+, servicing multi-brands across the region.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is searching for a motivated, and highly organised person to join the Financial Operations team as a Senior Finance Business Partner. You will be an integral member of the wider finance department, with reporting lines into the VP Regional Finance Director and independently managing all things client finance in Amsterdam.
Here’s where you come in…
- Provide full commercial support and financial modelling across your designated portfolio of clients, working closely with the Client Partnership, Media, Strategy, Creative and Project Management teams.
- Establishing working relationships with stakeholders, particularly the Client Partnership Director, and build a rapport to become a trusted advisor to your portfolio account and project leads.
- Prepare and scope statements of work alongside project managers and provide detailed analysis on our commercial and operational performance for each campaign.
- Work with the Regional Finance Director to develop new pricing models and commercial strategies to supplement the agency’s top and bottom line growth.
- Ownership over WIP, accrued income and deferred income across the portfolio, managing its impact on the business’s liquidity and working capital.
- Partner with client and project teams to accurately forecast our client revenue streams to ensure that revenue is recognised in line with IFRS 15 and relevant, scoped deliverables.
- Monthly our company’s reporting cycles on portfolio and client level commercials such as utilization and profitability.
- Demonstrate and articulate accounting and financial technical knowledge at various levels to apply to our everyday business.
- Demonstrate and articulate systems and process knowledge at various levels as well as understand the bigger picture of how entities, dept, systems etc. fit together.
- Focus on understanding & meeting expectations, ensuring quality is achieved and maintaining organization and prioritization across all tasks.
- Identify issues in order to propose solutions to resolve and impact the business (or team) in a positive manner.
- Collaborate, partner and build relationships across the organization and networks.
- Manage, develop and coach people (self, peers and upward).
- Contribute to overall business knowledge with a focus on the industries and strategies that shape Vaynermedia and how we can support those initiatives.
We treasure Personality and Experience yet we do know that these qualifications lead to what WE KNOW as a success:
- Solid 5+ years experience in a commercial finance role at another creative or media agency, or other professional services business.
- Adept and comfortable working through frequent change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Translates strategy to an actionable plan.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Expert in building strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Love presenting and discussing financial information with non-financial members of staff.
- Geeks critical thinking and a self starter can-do attitude.
- Expert with numbers and commercial information and a strong attention to detail. Strong MS Excel skills; pivot tables, vlookups, managing data sets, etc.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI preferred is a plus.
- A business wiz that fluently sparks clients and team through a fashionable business English language.
- Genuine belief in bringing your full self to what you do everyday, see ‘work’ as a calling and a passion.
What you SHOULD KNOW about VaynerMedia…
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms and part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model and process on its head. We don’t play to agency/industry norms and our culture and energy reflects that.
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the Netherlands.