VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Strategy at VaynerMedia provides a crucial perspective on the business dynamics. We are a human centric, culture obsessed discipline where we dive deep into audience insights, media trends, cultural shifts, and tech innovations that inform our strategic recommendations. Our team is collectively redefining and modernizing the way our clients harness consumer and cultural intelligence, develop brand strategy and plan for attention.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Partner across and inter-departmentally to create and foster insights, sophisticated strategies, creative thinking, innovative media plans and deliver/guide best-in-class execution.
- Bring a knowledge of the competitive landscape as it pertains to data, human centered research, and scalable qualitative insights, delivering meaningful results for our clients.
- Compose briefs that inspire creative teams, and steer and facilitate brainstorms and workshops.
- Direct the strategic development of client presentations delivering clear, compelling and persuasive communications to all stakeholders.
- Drive the development of new insights, cultural expertise, and methodologies for cultural analysis to ensure our brands and clients are culturally relevant.
- Own new business process from beginning to end. Includes driving strategic deliverables, preparing briefs, workshops and presentations.
- Partner with the other functional leadership to optimize and look for opportunities across the client portfolio.
- Attend relevant client briefings, interrogating the brief, and diagnosing the often ‘internal motivations’ not explicitly written in the briefing documents
- Build and maintain senior client and external agency relationships..
- Manage growth and development of direct reports, including goals and action planning, performance reviews, and carving out opportunities for their continued L&D
- 10 - 20 years experience with strategically building brands at a top agency, working for Fortune 500 clients - must have experience understanding the intersection of business strategy, consumer insights and digital behavior in grounding big, purposeful ideas.
- Ability to review qualitative + quantitative research, and behavioral data and independently be able to dive into research tools to draw and interpret insights.
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to integrated marketing planning.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative in identifying business opportunities, discerning a clear path forward and acting upon them swiftly.
- Understands multiple channels of communication and connection, and their role in brand and content marketing.
- Proven leadership experience and recognized for their ability to balance mentorship and empowerment of the team, with ensuring quality of strategic output.
- Proven ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and collaborative results.
- Obsessed with modern day cultural zeitgeist and understands its influence on social platforms and emerging trends across categories.
- Entrepreneurial, humble and open to learning new ways of marketing to adapt to ever changing landscape of digital advertising.