VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognised for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
VaynerMedia London has huge ambitions. We’ve doubled in size over the last year and broadened both our client list and kind of work we’re doing for them. Our roots are in social, and we love it because it is where we get to really understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight and to see how people engage in real life and respond to content. We are creative and media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. We produce a lot of our work in-house because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms and our model is built bottom up, flipping traditional advertising model and process on its head. We don’t play to agency/industry norms and our culture and energy reflects that.
The client you will be working on is an established name in the beauty industry, a parent company to a number of globally recognised brands. They have recently committed to developing their “Masterbrand” across social media and VaynerMedia is supporting them in this work – delivering social media content across key platforms. Our focus is in on their Masterbrand positioning & key brand purpose pillars – Sustainability & the Climate Crisis, Human Rights, Gender Equality, and the circular economy. For an experienced social media practitioner who is passionate about these important issues, this is a dream job!
You will be working with the Client Partnership Director, Strategy Director and Creative Director to manage and deliver all social media marketing for the client.
- Working in close partnership with the client and agency team, determine the relevant issues, topics and content for our “Editorial Newsroom” approach – across both planned and reactive content
- Be the client’s key point of contact.
- Develop and manage the content calendar
- Develop and present social media strategy recommendations and platform recommendations
- Create, edit and oversee copy – ensuring compliance with the brief, the brand, the style & tone and compliance.
- Copywriting social media posts.
- Co-ordinate weekly and daily editorial meetings
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines
- Plan and approve the creative / content assignments of the agency creative teams
- Supervise and lead the team in consistently delivering social media excellence
- Guide and contribute to the development of creative ideas and deliverables – including
- Collaborating with other departments (Creative, Project Management, Community Management) as one close, collaborative team that works together across deliverables, process, and output
- Being a regular point of contact for the client and taking a critical role in actioning client and team requests
- Oversight and guidance of Community Management.
- Working with the Project Manager to manage the day-to-day workflow of the account
- Being a key, proactive driver on the account – make stuff happen!
- Proactively identifying social media opportunities for the client and help guide the resulting briefs and creative work.
- It is critical that you are both experienced and confident in leading client communications on all social media requirements. You will be the key point of client contact and required to sell in recommendations, take feedback and manage client expectations.
- A true social media expert – you know the platforms and their functionality inside out. You are always up to date on the latest social media developments, are keen to try them out and love sharing their knowledge with others.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Purpose-driven marketing, especially sustainability preferred, though not essential
- Exceptional copywriting and editing ability
- Driven by delivering best-in-class creative work
- Excellent organisational skills
- A real team player
- Able to work at high pace in a fast-moving agency with a fast-moving client.
- Comfortable owning work and being proactive.
- Not afraid to have a point of view, and to voice it.
- Rigorous to a tee and not ashamed of their healthy level of perfectionism.
- Understands common marketing & media principles
- Is not limited by their job description and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves, get stuck in and do what needs to be done to deliver excellence.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset and our people guide our work and our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, and we are committed to providing the support and flexibility needed for people to do their best work and have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch and we value diversity of thought and experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative and happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work and our ways of working.
For now, these are some of things we have in place to support you..
We regularly review our benefits and are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday through to Group Personal Pension and Income Protection.
We know some days aren't as good as others and that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand for employee coaching sessions and an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it. We also work with NABS, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people to thrive.
Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have a subsidised ClassPass offering for any fitness lovers, a wide variety of discounts and benefits through Perkbox and you can save on your commute through Commuter Club or our Cycle To Work Scheme. If R&R is more your thing you can take some time out for a monthly massage, join one of our bi-weekly mindfulness sessions, weekly yoga sessions and more.
We understand that there has never been a more important time for self care and as such we have a varied wellbeing programme to help you to be your best self.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.