The Communications Associate role is an entry-level position providing internal support to the Communications team, VaynerX and its companies, and to its employees through planning, research and organization, reporting to Director, Global Communications.
- Assist with client campaigns launches; pitching to press, gathering relevant information from client teams, understanding timelines, etc.
- Gather information for internal newsletters and help write copy.
- Monitor inbound media requests/queries and field to the relevant person accordingly
- Maintain press tracker capturing press hits for both VaynerX, its leadership and its clients.
- Write copy for VaynerX’s social media channels, manage posts and community manage.
- Schedule departmental meetings such as monthly PR meetings with account teams.
- Maintain database of media contacts.
- Harvest internal news of client work via brand team meetings and regular email outreach.
- Perform research to gather info and insights to inform story pitches.
- Read widely to develop working knowledge of national, ad trade, vertical category trade etc.
- Perform coverage audits analyzing previous coverage and areas of coverage opportunity for clients.
- Research media coverage and industry trends pertinent to VaynerX clients.
- Keep executives' biographies and headshots up to date.
- Research ongoing speaking engagements and industry events and flag with the team.
- Organize PR materials and information on the team drive.
- Deep knowledge of and experience using social media
- 1-2 years of communications, journalism or adveritisng experience preferred
- Ability to perform under pressure in tight deadline situations and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Passion for advertising/media industry news
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build deep, trust-based relationships
- Amazing creativity matched by impressive organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving, prioritizing and analytical abilities
- Familiarity with Google Docs + Microsoft Office Suite