What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Japan and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMediaAPAC is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. In APAC, we are proudly +150, servicing a diverse client all around the region.
We’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks creatively, shares a passion for building communities, and understands the world of both big campaigns and social micro-content.
Our Project Directors enjoy working in a fast paced environment and love the challenge of discovering what drives and moves consumers. Our Singapore office is hunting the APAC landscape for a passionate and driven PD that will lead on multiple lines of business, continually review and optimize the work team produces, and work with leadership to establish effective ways to lead teams and processes.
Here’s where you come in.
- Highly organized, highly motivated, goal and detail-oriented self-starter who is passionate and experienced in all aspects of agency project management as it relates specifically to social and digital marketing.
- Understand and advise on how to develop and implement appropriate portfolio processes and operations.
- Experience is inclusive of, but not limited to, highly produced digital videos, highly produced social content, and other complex projects.
- Strong leader capable of building relationships, communicating ideas, and providing thoughtful, clear, actionable direction to team members and clients.
- Partners closely with department and business leads to manage a portfolio of brands, as well as manage, grow, and lead the team of Project Managers assigned to those brands.
- Portfolio Management
- Serve as senior lead on large-scale portfolios of businesses, partnering with EVPs/SVP/VPs, and Group Creative Directors regularly on business priorities and portfolio-specific processes,
- Partnering with Client Service and FinOps leads to defining and monitoring overall portfolio approaches, deliverables, staffing plans and agency fees.
- Understand each client engagement, including business objectives and priorities.
- Serve as a key lead on all aspects of project and retainer financials within a portfolio - ensuring proper processes, tracking methods and escalations are being adhered to
- Partner with Client Service & FinOps leads in retainer scopes, procurement requirements, and larger business planning with clients
- Team Management
- Mentor and train Project Managers to ensure optimal team dynamics and individual career growth
- Provide a pivotal communication, escalation, and negotiation point to the team.
- Support PM department head in developing, vetting and implementing process and training initiatives for department staff
- Process Management
- Responsible for the operation, customization and improvement of team processes necessary for each portfolio’s business needs
- Work with other senior department leads to maximize operational efficiencies and define processes on the team, project and portfolio levels
- Nurture cross-functional agency relationships and be the ultimate problem solver to deliver work to Clients
- Project Management
- Provide strategic program planning and oversight on a variety of marketing and advertising work, including brand creative, websites & digital experiences, social content, digital videos, events, etc
- Review budgets, project plans, and SOWs with an understanding of best practices, potential third-party capabilities, time requirements, and broader portfolio business objectives
- Work with PMs, department leads, and FinOps to assemble the best integrated teams for each assignment.
- New Client Planning
- Lead client discovery and scoping with business lead
- Develop budget, staff plan, and related contracts
- Align key internal and client stakeholders on onboarding process and key ways of working
- Provide significant support to PM during first 100 days of client engagement
- 10+ years, including direct experience within an agency environment in a project management capacity
- Experience with digital and social projects and deliverables ranging from $10K to $2M+
- Strong ability to partner across departments, including Client Service, Strategy, Creative, Production, Media, Tech, Ecomm, etc.
- A cool, calm and collected approach to problem solving.
- Understanding of, and experience executing, projects that adhere to platform guidelines, legal considerations, advertising regulations and social/digital best practices
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for team leadership, mentorship, and development of junior talent
What you should know about VaynerMedia
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.