What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Japan and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMediaAPAC is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. In APAC, we are proudly +150, servicing a diverse client all around the region.
Our amazing client partnership team is looking forward to collaborating with a “people first” Business Director to lead the business in our growing APAC market. This is a full-time role based in Singapore with a reporting role to the Head of Client Partnerships APAC.
Here’s your first brief:
- Be the business unit owner driving new business, leading existing client partnerships, managing P&L and team development
- Provide critical support for top-tiered accounts to ensure retention and increased investment.
- Drive, establish and develop new and existing relationships with brands and client portfolios as well as implement, and execute strategies to reach company objectives.
- Support VaynerMedia in building its reputation as a ‘must-have’ partner for top brands and deliver client presentations to a high standard.
- Be a market expert within our business vertical and deliver market feedback to the organization while developing deep knowledge on top clients that we feedback into the business for future product and service development.
- Deliver on large scale client partnerships and revenue commitments while you manage and collaborate with our key senior leads at director level and above across brands and corporations.
- Own and develop our business area (market, patch, etc) and drive growth while actively leading from the front, being seen as a leader and support that drives business excellence and success.
- Develop, lead and grow the team through strong people management and coaching for high performance while collaborating with other global teams to develop synergies, harmonize the operating model, and improve overall operations.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the media or advertising field, including an account management experience in the APAC advertising landscape.
- Business strategy, digital asset management, digital media planning and buying.
- Proficiency in written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strategic sales planning, pipeline management, relationship building, digital market knowledge, negotiation skills, presentation skills, analytical skills.
- People management
- Worked with teams in complex, multi-geography, multi-cultural environments.
- Self-starter and demonstrates ability to get things done without direct supervision and understand what it means to deliver excellence to clients.
- Master presenter: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and ideally at least one other Asian language
- Natural ability to develop and maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Lastly, think logically even under pressure and come up with innovative solutions to problems.
- Leadership experience in Singapore preferred
What you should know about VaynerMedia
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.