What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Japan and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMediaAPAC is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. In APAC, we are proudly +150, servicing a diverse client all around the region.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to work independently while collaborating with our strong force of 30+ social insights and strategy team across APAC. This is a contract position in Korea with a reporting role to the head of strategy based in Singapore.
Are you based in Seoul? Geeking the social insights world in the advertising agency in the Korea market for three plus years now? Or already a super expert in research and analysis with a passion for trend-spotting areas such as index scoring and validation? Native in Korean? Aspiring and with a can-do attitude? Do you wanna geek out on the world of a media and creative advertising agency? if Yes, we could be meant to be --- so keep reading!
Here’s where you come in.
- Manage period projects and calendar that will design, conduct and deliver standard and custom social media reports.
- Host discovery sessions with the agency's clients to understand the business need and translate this into constructed queries that will monitor the social conversation for internal client teams as well as competitive brands, Influencers, programs, products, marketing campaigns, and events.
- Deep dive into the data to uncover drivers of social buzz, then translates the data into a compelling story.
- Decipher what’s important and meaningful data, and then communicate the concise story in a way that allows the business to make decisions based on the reports.
- Monitor daily or upon ad-hoc requests various social listening and content monitoring towards trends and hot news.
- Create a semi-automated workflow that can pickup daily social triggers as guidance for internal and client teams. This would require quick thinking and fast turnaround on queries, and linking up with API access of tools to pull from selected data points.
- Consult stakeholders on topic definitions, social listening measures and filters to define objectives and set deliverables for standard and custom reports.
- Implement social analysis for campaigns/events and present insights back to inform content /Media decisions for campaign/event activities and advise on actions to take from optimizations standpoint.
- Social listening tool setup including keywords, query parameters, and dashboards.
- Take initiative on the refinement of query parameter setup to ensure accurate and insightful mention analysis is available to report on by the end of the reporting period.
- Pull and interpret data from social listening tools including volume, sentiment, conversation drivers, influencers, etc.
- Create and edit reporting deliverables for PowerPoint, Newsletter and Excel formats that transform social data into a clear story. Visualize findings legibly using charts, tables, and infographics, and provide actionable insights based on concrete data.
- Manage a deliverable calendar of recurring scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Good housekeeping - upkeep of shared calendars and the storage of report agreement documents and delivered reports.
Your Experience and “Nice To Haves”
- BA or BS degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Computer Science, Information technology or Human-Computer Interaction or related educational concentration a plus)
- 3+ years of professional experience in marketing analytics, statistical analysis, predictive modeling or segmentation experience setting
- 2+ years of experience in online/social analytics
- Ability to properly set expectations based on program scope, reporting schedules and follow through on delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to transform data into a concise, yet compelling story.
- Ability to synthesize information and produce insightful and accurate analysis and recommendations.
- Good mix of technical understanding, business sense, managerial/connecting and Interpersonal skills (Experience with Boolean, Python, Excel prototyping of data visualization or using a data visualization tool is critical for growing in this role)
- Strong familiarity and understanding of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums, Instagram, Forums, Chat applications, is required.
- Relevant experience pulling data from social media listening/analytics tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Sprinklr, SimplyMeasured, Google Studio, etc.
What you should know about VaynerMedia
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.