What’s up? We’re VaynerNFT! A brand new part of the VaynerX family, dedicated to building the future of NFTs - partnering with celebrities and brands to make magic happen. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest IP owners in the world to the intersection of attention and culture… NFTs.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerX is build on a combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE.
Who are you?
An NFT enthusiast and ultimate team player who will create value in any situation. You understand creative problem solving and will be excited to create an engaging story in the world of NFTs.
You’re highly organized, detail-oriented, an analytical thinker and a skilled multi-tasker who handles even the most stressful situations with a smile. You understand the fast-paced nature of the world of human resources and take the confidentiality and importance of the role with the utmost professionalism. You pride yourself on your ability to manage your time, stay up to speed on daily tasks, and get a serious sense of accomplishment when things are knocked-off your to-do list.
The task at hand (listed in priority order)
VaynerMedia NFT is looking for a self-starter, a team player, and someone with infectious energy for developing people, relationship building, and cultivating great culture within an ever-growing and highly remote team. You should be a natural people person, highly organized, detail-oriented, skilled at multitasking and understand the fast-paced nature of a newly established company. You thrive on finding creative solutions and understand that at a growing company, you will wear multiple hats as you tackle the most important needs for the business at any time. You will handle even the most stressful situations with a smile, you understand the nature of the world of human resources, and take the confidentiality and importance of the role with the utmost professionalism.
The Human Resources Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support and operational leadership to our NFT team. The role is critical in creating and executing our people initiatives, providing great employee support, driving HR functional excellence and process development and scaling the People & Experience team to Vayner NFT. We are looking for someone who has vast experience in recruitment, talent acquisition and as an HR generalist, knows both the agency and crypto or NFT landscape (as a major plus)..
The Task at Hand
Be prepared for one of the most meaningful and purposeful career experiences you can have. You will provide objective advice regarding complex issues and coach managers on best practices including talent acquisition and retention, professional development, performance management, culture, and career development. In addition, this role is expected to handle tasks that range from high-level strategy to day-to-day administrative and tactical with a roll up your sleeve attitude.
- Relationships: Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders, other internal teams (both local and global), and most importantly within HR to become a trusted advisor to our NFT team
- Talent: You know where to look for exceptional talent in the NFT Market and how to close them
- Operations: Measure and monitor existing programs and experiences. Partner with the rest of the team in addition to external specialists to execute global strategic initiatives and priorities within the organization. This may include performance management, leadership development and 360 reviews, compensation planning, policy development and compliance, and terminations. You are someone who will roll their sleeves up and dive into the most mundane of tasks!
- Strategy: Partner with leaders, managers and individuals to identify broad, chronic organizational challenges or opportunities. Craft and implement strategies to address everything from workforce planning and compensation budgets, to talent management and succession planning, reward and engagement strategies to performance management, and staffing strategies and organizational design. You will be the connector across other functions creating a seamless experience across the employee lifecycle.
- Coach, Inspire, Mediate: Ability to design and implement innovative and engaging programs to drive the evolution of the functions you support. This may include individual coaching for leaders on best practices to improve their people management skills, career and job coaching, and navigating conflict within teams.
- Emergency Response: Generally speaking, our role is to be proactive. We strive to anticipate issues before they arise, and to create short and long-term plans for our organization. But stuff happens ... We really don’t like emergencies, but when they happen you should know how to handle them quickly, discreetly, and with grace. You leverage your deep knowledge of employment law, compliance and best practice to mitigate risks to individual employees and VM.
This is anything but your standard “HR” role. This role is about human-to-human connection. You’ll be the leader and guardian of our most prized assets: people. From recruitment to performance and productivity and culture, a lot of very important things will rest on your shoulders. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in a strategic HR Business Partner role.
Your knowledge and experience are both broad and deep from employment law and best practices to talent management. Exposure to design of performance management and/or compensation philosophies and approaches welcomed.
Fine Print: Must be proficient in the use of business software (Excel, KeyNote, PowerPoint, G Suite etc.) Familiarity with ADP, Greenhouse and other HR reporting tools. Coaching certification and prior experience in professional services or technology/creative environment is a plus.
What leads to success in this role
- Lead heart first, care deeply about both people and outcomes
- Put your relationships at the forefront of everything you do
- Have a strong interest and ability in HR analytics and leveraging data to inform decisions
- No task is too small for you to tackle, and you take a team approach to anything thrown at you
- Genuine belief in bringing your full self to what you do every day, see “work” as a calling and a passion
- Have the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Are comfortable facilitating executives, coming to the table with a point of view and simultaneously advocating and advising more junior talent
- Are a creative self-starter who prides themselves on their grit and resourcefulness
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Are detail oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Are an analytical problem solver with experience and proven accomplishments in a global highly matrixed org
- Are adept and comfortable managing through frequent change, and are a ninja in your stakeholder management
- Have a desire to take ownership and accountability for work and manage projects through execution
- Strong people manager, adaptive approach to coaching and growing your direct reports, desire to understand their drivers and reward/recognize in line with their motivators
Additional required experience
- Performance Management experience: Manage 360 peer reviews process, employee feedback and work to find solutions with performance issues
- Managing recruitment process including advertising, sourcing, and coordinating/scheduling interview process
- General understanding and experience with compensation, benefits and payroll
- Experience managing onboarding process, departures, terminations and restructuring
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with NFTs or cryptocurrency (personally or professionally!)
- 5 years of work experience in Recruitment and HR required
- Previous experience in a fast paced, tech start-up (ideally advertising)
- Previous experience with developing employee retention and engagement initiatives, in line with company culture and values
- Previous operational experience working with project management, finance and general “back office” teams
- Enjoys innovation and change
- Driven to seek novel and agile solutions to challenges
- Knowledge and experience of using (and implementing) HR Software tools
- A flexible and collaborative team member with enormous emotional intelligence
- Approachable with high integrity
- Comfortable with fast paced, start-up culture
- Can hit the ground running