VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
As a SENIOR ART DIRECTOR at VaynerMedia you will be a strategic visual thinker and storyteller who is always making. You will have total mastery of Art Direction and design with the know-how and skills to work hands-on, owning the creative process from ideation through to execution. You can handle anything from creating bold, new visual brand identities and multi-channel campaigns to social content and visual playbooks, and everything in between.
As a SENIOR ART DIRECTOR, you will be at the heart of a fast-paced team, working with a team of visual creatives and writers to constantly build brands through campaign-level thinking and tactical executions across all social and digital platforms. As such, you are someone who is able to bring your own ideas to life, as well as collaborate with other creatives to determine the best visual execution of a concept. You will also be an expert in the best practices and nuances of these platforms, as well as in producing work for different formats, including static images, deck design, videos and animations, GIFs, and more.
You will have a deep knowledge and understanding of culture, as well as how social media platforms are used and the role they play in culture. You will always be strategizing with team members to conceptualize around insights and real-time moments as they happen. You are proactive, hands-on, and detail-oriented, able to own projects from ideation through to execution.
- Working with creative team and client teams to develop and maintain visual aesthetics (e.g., brand colors, textures, treatments, fonts, and other elements)
- Working across all technical aspects of content production and delivery
- Clean project and file management
- Lead the development and execution of brand playbooks for all visual elements
- Expertise visualizing ideas via storyboards, mocks, sketches, etc.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
- Following client directions, as well as offering recommendations for how to best execute work
- Giving and taking constructive criticism from internal teams and clients and actioning directly
- Balancing working across multiple projects and workstreams
- 5–6 years visual creative experience - creative portfolio is mandatory
- MUST be willing to relocate to Los Angeles by Fall 2021
- Expertise in concepting & designing work across digital and social platforms
- Expert in the full Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert in Photoshop & Premiere
- Highly Proficient in After Effects & Illustrator
- Thorough understanding of social best practices e.g., export settings, file formats, social safe zones, etc.
- Deep familiarity with social platforms including, but not limited to TikTok, Instagram (In-Feed, Stories, Reels, TV), Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and more
- Proficiency in Google Suite (email, docs, drive, slides)
- Self-starter, able to work in a small team
- Forensic attention to detail
- Eye for innovation and identifying emerging platforms and trends in the digital space
- Able to implement feedback with ease and in a timely manner
- Highly adaptable, willing to try and learn through trial and error
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working across multiple projects