Hello, we’re The Sasha Group! We serve a wide range of businesses from helping young startups develop their core to helping established brands think differently and flex with the times. From building brand foundations to building momentum, we combine creativity with thoughtfulness and speed to solve business challenges.
We like to describe ourselves as “consultancy at the front and an agency ‘round the back.”
At The Sasha Group, we believe that smart, creative thinking is the ultimate variable that makes brands come to life, whether it’s the startup looking to break into a space or the big, well-known brand looking to break the mold. And while we believe good ideas can come from anywhere, not everyone has the talent, skills, and craft to design and animate those ideas to life.
That’s where you come in.
We are looking for Design Residents who are looking to master their craft and are entrepreneurial about how they can use their design, animation, and video skills, to execute against a client’s goals. Sometimes that means pumping out a bunch of memes and GIFs that’ll make people laugh and cry. Sometimes it’s designing Canva templates to help new companies get off the ground. Sometimes it’s collaborating in a brainstorm for a big campaign. Every deliverable is challenging, but highly rewarding.
Who’s on the team?
You’ll be joining a tightly-knit creative team working with emerging and established brands across CPG, fashion, food & beverage, financial services, entertainment, and more. The team is a diverse mix of makers, creators, and ideators from published authors to viral TikTokers. But we’re all passionate about our mission: How do we level-up our clients to be the next big thing?
And who are you?
- You are a creator and an ideator who can execute at both a high speed and volume.
- You are a design geek with a knack for creating designs, videos, and animations.
- You enjoy collaborating with other marketing nerds.
- You are a digital native and understand the internet of things from Snapchat filters to TikTok trends.
- You are hungry for great work.
- You like telling a good story through visuals that’ll make people stop, listen, and then probably go buy something.
- You consume content and know the ingredients to relevant, thumb-stopping creative work.
The task at hand:
- Creating emotional, impactful, and objective-oriented content for our brands.
- Mastering the ability to turn content into a volume of social gold (GIFs, graphics, IG Stories, polls, etc.)
- Working with a wide range and quality of video and static imagery and tailoring them to individual platforms and audiences.
- Understand pop culture, trends, and what’s happening in the world to make concise and relevant creative recommendations.
- Analyzing what makes content great and how our brands can do it better.
- Collaborating with a team of other designers, copywriters, and art directors to bring brands to life.
- Honing your design, editing, and animation skills with the best of the best.
Sounds fun, but what kind of deliverables are we talking about?
- Social ad and organic content for various social and digital platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and more.
- Creating efficient and smart templates in Photoshop for our clients..
- Designing presentations to pitch big ideas to clients.
- Photoshopping our client’s products into ridiculous situations for a good laugh.
- Assisting Art Directors to create mood boards that will inspire and inform big brand campaigns.
- Designing content for email newsletters, websites, and more.
- Chopping up videos and other materials into short-form, bite-sized content across a number social feeds.
- Assisting on sets for photoshoots and editing raw shots to become final selects.
- Analyzing and critiquing client content on how they can make their content stronger in a noisy, social world.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject, attendance at a portfolio school, or 1-2 years of design experience, developing and creating for digital/social strategies & campaigns.
- A portfolio reflecting strong concepting and design work for social content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere).
- Attention to detail is a must.
- So are time management skills.
- Thrives in a company of collaborative people, but can clearly demonstrate an ability to get things done without direct supervision.
- The ability to follow direction, and give & take constructive criticism.
- A strong understanding of design and animation principles from typography to squash and stretch.
- Has a talent for wearing multiple brand hats and switching easily between brand books.
- A hunger to learn, develop their craft, and grow in the marketing and advertising industry.
- Camera work, illustration, and hand-lettering are a plus..
- Isn’t afraid to bring their passions, background, and personal experience to their work.
- Is currently thinking about clever ways to answer this job application.