Hello, we’re The Sasha Group! We serve a wide range of businesses from helping young startups develop their core to helping established brands think differently and flex with the times. From building brand foundations to building momentum, we combine creativity with thoughtfulness and speed to solve business challenges.
We like to describe ourselves as “consultancy at the front and an agency ‘round the back.”
At The Sasha Group, we believe that smart, creative thinking is the ultimate variable that makes brands come to life, whether it’s the startup looking to break into a space or the big, well-known brand looking to break the mold. And while we believe good ideas can come from anywhere, not everyone has the talent, skills, and craft to articulate them in copy.
That’s where you come in.
We are looking for Copy Residents who are looking to master their craft and are entrepreneurial about how they can use words (written or spoken) to communicate, guide, and execute against a client’s goals. Sometimes that means writing short & clever copy for social content. Sometimes it’s helping them craft their brand voice for the very first time. Sometimes it’s figuring out just the right thing to say to pitch a big campaign idea. Every deliverable is challenging, but highly rewarding.
Who’s on the team?
You’ll be joining a tightly-knit creative team working with emerging and established brands across CPG, fashion, food & beverage, financial services, entertainment, and more. The team is a diverse mix of makers, creators, and ideators from published authors to viral TikTokers. But we’re all passionate about our mission: How do we level-up our clients to be the next big thing?
And who are you?
- You are a creator and an ideator who can execute at both a high speed and volume.
- You. Must. Love. Words (and have the ability to string them together).
- You enjoy collaborating with other marketing nerds.
- You are a digital native and understand the internet of things.
- You are hungry for great work.
- You like telling a good story that’ll make people stop, listen, and then probably go buy something.
- You consume content and know the ingredients to relevant, thumb-stopping creative work.
The task at hand:
- Thinking big, then writing lots.
- Transforming emotions, feelings, and ideas into fun, innovative, and creative executions with Art Directors and designers.
- Understand pop culture, trends, and what’s happening in the world to make concise and relevant creative recommendations.
- Write highly engaging, emotional, and impactful content that reflects a brand’s voice.
- Collaborating with a team of other creatives to bring brands to life.
- Honing your copywriting skills with the best of the best.
- Write fast, but with finesse.
- Did we mention, writing?
Sounds fun, but what kind of deliverables are we talking about?
- Ad copy and organic content for various social and digital platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google Search.
- Brand voices and guidelines for newly emerging brands.
- Scripts and concepts for video or audio executions.
- Short-form and long-form pieces like email newsletters or blog posts.
- Language for e-commerce websites and marketplaces to make people want to spend money on cool stuff.
- Analyzing and critiquing client content on how they can make their content stronger in a noisy, social world.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject, attendance at a portfolio school, or 1-2 years of copywriting experience, developing and creating for digital/social strategies & campaigns.
- A portfolio reflecting strong concepting and writing social content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
- Good grammar is a must.
- So are time management skills.
- Thrives in a company of collaborative people, but can clearly demonstrate an ability to get things done without direct supervision.
- The ability to follow direction, and give & take constructive criticism.
- Has a talent for wearing multiple brand hats and switching easily among brand voices.
- A hunger to learn, develop their craft, and grow in the marketing and advertising industry.
- Isn’t afraid to bring their passions, background, and personal experience to their work.
- Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Already writing a better job description than this one.