VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
As a COPYWRITER at VaynerMedia, you are a strategically creative thinker and storyteller. You are a master of writing and editing copy for social campaigns, in the distinct and unique voices of our clients. You can handle anything from brand manifestos & video scripts to concept write ups and social posts across all social platforms.
You will be at the heart of a fast-paced, real-time content team. Beyond writing, you are strategizing with team members, searching for community insights, and identifying larger cultural trends to activate around. You're someone who is able to build brands through campaign-level thinking, as well as tactical executions. You are proactive, hands-on, and detail-oriented, able to own projects from ideation through to execution.
This is a role for a COPYWRITER with a passion for pop culture and a keen understanding of social media platforms (Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook), as well as current trends. You’re comfortable presenting and working with clients in real-time situations, too.
- Writing and editing copy for social content and campaigns, including, but not limited to:
- Social Posts, Brand Manifestos, Concept Write Ups, Scripts, Social Voices, etc.
- Create strong and compelling idea write-ups, copy, headlines, taglines and calls to action
- Be able to ideate with an Art Director partner, as well as independently
- Concept and collaborate with other creative and internal teams
- Implement client and internal feedback with ease and in a timely manner
- Work with Account & Strategy teams to ensure creative concepts and copy are on brand and strategically sound
- Can ideate against specific social platforms, including but not limited to
- Twitter (feed & Fleets), Instagram (feed, Stories, Reels, TV), TikTok, Facebook, YouTube (titles, descriptions, etc.)
- Present ideas internally and to clients
- Work with team to identify, source, and ideate against trends in real-time
- Creative portfolio mandatory
- should represent a body of integrated work:
- big campaigns (not just one-offs), digital/social-first creative ideas, longform and short-form content, some innovation-led, experiential, digital, or OOH work is a plus but not mandatory
- 3+ years of agency-side experience writing copy on social campaigns
- Once work is sold, has experience seeing it all the way through to completion
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks at once
- Self-motivated & proactive with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Culturally immersed and passionate about TikTok & trends
- A demonstrated passion for and understanding of social media platforms
- Flawless knowledge of spelling and grammar with ability to break rules as needed
- Deep vocabulary, working knowledge of slang terms and colloquial expressions
- A knack for picking up different editorial voices, understanding why they work, and switching between them quickly
- Proficiency in Google Suite (email, docs, drive, slides)
- Eye for innovation – identifying emerging platforms and trends in the digital space