VaynerMedia is a digital agency that helps Fortune 500 companies tell their stories. Our expertise in strategy, creative, photo and video production, and ad buying yields work that drives actual business results. We day-trade consumer attention, guiding our diverse clientele to focus on the platforms that command the attention of their specific customers, whom we captivate with the highly targeted videos and content we develop. With offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, and Chattanooga, TN, we market for the year we live in, we live and breathe emerging technology and we are always growing.
VaynerMedia is searching for a Social Insights Analyst… someone who is in love with connecting social data with business results, to help steer the social marketing direction of our Fortune 500 brand roster.
The primary role of the Social Insights Analyst is to develop effective and high-quality data analysis, insights, and recommendations that help drive business outcomes. Technical abilities include the following: SQL, Tableau, Python/R, Business Intelligence (BI) best practices. This role will interface with the customer to support their implementation and reporting needs acting in a consulting manner to be a thought leader and offer necessary training. The role is a mix of project-based analysis and insights (50%), dashboard reporting (30%) and customer facing interaction (20%).
Who Are You?
A critical thinker, upbeat, and hungry to learn. You're someone who's driven to constantly look for better ways to do things and excited at the prospect of working in a constantly evolving industry with far more "unknown" than "known", and love playing a leadership role on a team that shares your drive to always continue learning.
The Task At Hand:
- Analyze campaign and customer data to provide conclusions, implications, and actionable recommendations designed to improve the quality of future relationship marketing communications
- Responsible for day to day analytics for assigned clients, including QA of data and reporting templates
- Develop and present on-going analytics deliverables to day to day clients coordinating with more senior analytics team members and account management
- Support team leads on any internal projects to further develop the analytics practice including implementation of analytical tools, techniques, processes, and frameworks
- Proficiency in at least one or more of the analytics disciplines
- Basic understanding of concepts in at least one or more of the analytics disciplines
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2+ years of social media analytics and insights experience, preferably within the DtC or ecommerce industry
- Result-oriented with the ability to work within strict time constraints while balancing multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A collaborative teammate with the knack to pivot in a constantly evolving environment
- Knowledge of a variety of social insight methodologies and their applications
- Passionate about research, television, marketing, emerging media, and technology
- Strong PowerPoint/Excel and Google Slide/Sheet skills
- Proficient with market leading social media tools (e.g. ListenFirst, NetBase, Canvs, Helixa, Tubular preferred)
- Experience with social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, TikTok
- Proficient with SQL, Tableau, Python/R
- Query and analyze complex data sets to develop actionable insights that enable the optimization of social media content.
- Lead the approach, development, and setting of KPIs, benchmarks and attainable social performance goals using industry research, historical performance, and other methods.
- Analyze and correlate social media campaign performance with audience data, including identification of high-impact KPIs for social tactics with a focus on audience engagement, campaign effectiveness, fan growth and content deep dives.