VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to drive sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees and was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce services as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, and merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, and Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
We’re rigorous about how we build our team, and the work we focus on. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, and creative problem-solving.
What You Will Do:
The Performance Manager supports VaynerCommerce growth engagement teams on ensuring partner brands meet their growth goals, specifically in the performance acquisition channels. This role is highly cross-functional, internal and client teams to analyze and implement data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes for partner brands. The Performance Manager will get hands-on experience with launching and optimizing new and existing paid media campaigns on a range of platforms.
You are exceptional at prioritizing work, setting expectations, and communicating to stakeholders. You understand and appreciate the scientific method and also know when to adapt to changes quickly. You love telling a story with data and creating actionable insights. You are a strategic thinker, connecting the dots between data and financial results to create and advocate for your own strategies to drive growth. The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can juggle multiple responsibilities, and excels under pressure. They are comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility and building relationships.
- Own the strategy, execution, and optimization of digital media across a number of clients
- Manage digital forecast P&L, reporting, communicating plans and results to key stakeholders
- Manage a seven-digit advertising budget and deliver to very strong ROAS expectations
- Lead, manage, and develop team of paid media buyers
- Provide recommendations and test new strategies
- Direct team on channel strategy and media buying across channels all managed channels
- Use data-driven methodology to test and optimize channels, continually optimizing every step of the funnel & driving towards higher efficiency
- Partner with our Creative team to ideate, develop and test new ad concepts that deliver on client goals
- Proactively identify and assess new channels to unlock opportunity to drive efficient spend
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree (or proof of high fluid intelligence)
- 6+ Years experience as a Media Planner/Buyer within an agency, entrepreneurial street cred and/or BA/BS degree (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance)
- Advanced skills in Excel including pivot tables, V-Look Ups, and macros
- Experience across buying/biddable platforms in any of the following:
- Social: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Amazon (AMS, Amazon DSP, AMG)
- Programmatic Display/Video (DV360, The Trade Desk, AppNexus, etc.)
- Publisher/Partner Direct
- Connected TV/OTT (Roku, Hulu, etc.)
- Digital Audio (Spotify, Pandora, etc.)
- Any Additional Experience in the following a plus:
- DOOH, Non-Linear TV
- Experience working with analytics, attribution and measurement systems. Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- MOAT/IAS/Double Verify
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- You live for today’s digital & mobile consumer, driven, and hungry to succeed, always looking to learn more.
- You want to have an impact and are passionate about the work you do.
- You are always looking to adopt new techniques and technologies that are relevant for clients’ media strategies.
- Proven ability to build quick and strong relationships with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner
- High EQ
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Be exceptional at productivity and communications software (i.e., Google - Docs, Keynote, CMSs, and whatever the next cool tool is)
- A constant curiosity to learn more
- Passionate about performance DTC marketing, and growth marketing in general
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company and drive immediate results