VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm that provides growth, technology, and consulting services to help brands achieve sustainable growth. Whether it’s a new eCommerce experience or a connected mobile app, we’ll translate your big idea into a digital experience that’s meaningful, useful, and delivers real results. We pride ourselves on being able to provide brands with holistic solutions, no matter what stage they’re at.
Who are you?
You’re a servant-leader who is able to set a shared vision, coaching and providing mentorship to your team. You understand problem solving and have a passion for learning technologies that will enable us to produce excellent products. You will work in a team environment in the execution of high-traffic, mission-critical applications and websites. You’re a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve your skillset, jump into new languages as needed in short - welcome evolution with open arms. You enjoy working on rapid prototypes in your spare time. You go to tech meet-ups for fun, you like to chat geek with others. This role reports to the Director of Software.
Technologies we use:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Lead an incredibly talented team of frontend, backend & full stack engineers using agile methodologies
- Promote team efficiency and provide motivation and guidance for process improvement.
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Divide and delegate tasks where needed to increase velocity or promote an individual’s growth
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed
- Lead grooming sessions using story points
- Champion a clean and well-structured codebase by conducting code reviews and providing constructive feedback
- Promote a Test Driven Development workflow while being pragmatic and cognizant of deadlines
- Oversee the development of and contribute to high quality front-end (VueJS) applications
- Stay current with the latest best practices and contribute to the overall knowledge of the team
- Work with CI/CD, test-driven systems and agile methodologies
- Efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time worked on each project
- Ensure your knowledge of web design and the wider digital industry is kept up-to-date and relevant
- Help refine and improve the end to end development processes
- Take ownership of you and your team’s work
- Bring your own ideas and creativity to the table - We want someone who isn’t afraid to speak their mind!
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Led a team of at least 3 engineers
- Servant leader
- Experience with JIRA
- Proficient knowledge of SCRUM and Kanban frameworks and has participated in Sprint Planning, Sprint Kick-off, Sprint Review and Retrospective ceremonies
- Capable of delegation, allowing the team to make mistakes to promote improvement and growth while being accountable to predefined schedules
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to take initiative
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to ideate technical solutions
- Passion for writing reusable code and solving complex challenges
- Experience setting up continuous deployment and test-driven systems
- Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services
- Experience deploying and managing an e-commerce storefront using Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud or other e-commerce platforms
- Experience running Sprint Planning, Sprint Kick-off, Sprint Review and Retrospective ceremonies
- Experience with cloud infrastructures such as GCP and/or AWS
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, Go, PHP, Dino, etc.