VaynerCommerce is a firm focused on engineering sustainable growth for modern brands. Started by former Shopify Plus employees, it was born out of the frustration that brands were left with no viable options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce serves as a strategic partner across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, and merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works with Fortune 100 and direct-to-consumer brands.
We’re strict about how we build our team, and the work we do. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of commerce which requires us to put together collaborative teams and creative problem-solving.
Who are you?
You’re a team player who will create value in any situation. You understand problem solving and have a passion for learning technologies that will enable us to produce excellent products. You will work in a team environment in the design and execution of high-traffic, mission-critical applications and websites. You’re a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve your skillset, jump into new languages as needed in short - welcome evolution with open arms. You enjoy working on rapid prototypes in your spare time. You go to tech meet-ups for fun, you like to chat geek with others. This role reports to the Director of Technology.
Technologies we use:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Contribute to and support structured, tested and maintainable NodeJS api services
- Stay current with the latest best practices and contribute to the overall knowledge of the team
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Working with CI/CD, test-driven systems within agile workflows (kanban, scrum)
- Efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time worked on each project
- Ensure your knowledge of backend services and the wider web industry is kept up-to-date and relevant
- Help refine and improve the end to end development processes
- Take ownership of your work and bring your own ideas and creativity to the table - We want someone who isn’t afraid to speak their mind!
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to take initiative
- Experience with performance tuning, profiling and debugging backend applications
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Passion for writing reusable code and solving complex challenges
- Experience writing e-commerce backend middleware for Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Warehouse Management Systems, POS and PIM systems, and other e-commerce platforms
- Experience with cloud infrastructures such as GCP and/or AWS
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, Go, PHP, Dino, etc.