VaynerCommerce is a firm focused on engineering sustainable growth for modern brands. Started by former Shopify Plus employees, it was born out of the frustration that brands were left with no viable options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce serves as a strategic partner across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, and merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works with Fortune 100 and direct-to-consumer brands.
We’re strict about how we build our team, and the work we do. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of commerce which requires us to put together collaborative teams and creative problem-solving.
What You Will Do:
As an Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the success of day-to-day execution of client projects and client strategy. You will work in a consultative manner with the fastest-growing brands and guide the engagement team toward positive impact and results. The role will require you to think strategically and develop long term plans to ensure longevity and health of the client and the client’s objectives. The team will look to you to craft best-in-class client engagement strategies that are capable of guiding the client and engagement team, identifying key risk areas and coordinating solutions to mitigate or resolve those challenges. Being able to communicate solutions and results to clients is critical.
Projects will span across consumer categories focused on solving problems relating to ecommerce growth and technology. Your work will impact some of the largest retailers in the world, as well as newer high-growth brands disrupting categories. You will work across organizations and levels from senior executives to brand managers to drive solutions forward.
The work will require managing cross-functional solutions, coordinating with team members from different functions, and nurturing direct relationships with portfolios of brands.
You will report to the Senior Engagement Manager, and work collaboratively with the rest of the engagement team including Growth Engineers & Analysts, Designers, Developers and more. At times you will work closely with other VaynerX organizations and leadership to co-build solutions on joint-venture projects.
Success on the role will include: instilling a highly-aligned culture across the engagement teams, delivering positive results for the client, and ensuring long-term account growth.
You have a background in consulting and a breadth of knowledge ranging from ecommerce to product development, to design thinking. You are exceptional at prioritizing work, setting expectations and communicating to executive stakeholders. You are a strong advocate who knows how to motivate your team and move projects forward. The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can manage multiple responsibilities, and excels under pressure. The candidate must also be comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree or MBA preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 4+ years in a consulting, brand, or client-focused role with a background in ecommerce, digital product, or growth
- Strong functional knowledge in areas including but not limited to strategy, product development, business development, marketing and sales, supply chain
- Ability to define, frame, analyze, and solve problems
- Understanding of key account strategies and client-focused approaches
- A combination of a systems-thinking approach and data driven methodology
- Ability to effectively communicate quantitative and qualitative findings and contextualize them with respect to business objectives and strategy
- Ability to manage key relationships and stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to present strategic findings at an executive level
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Acute attention to detail and never-ending curiosity
- Persistence and relentlessness toward achieving personal and professional goals
Los Angeles or New York full-time
Remote in 2021