Hello, we’re The Sasha Group! We serve a wide range of businesses from helping young startups develop their core to helping established brands think differently and flex with the times. From building brand foundations to building momentum, we combine creativity with thoughtfulness and speed to solve business challenges.
We like to describe ourselves as “consultancy at the front and an agency ‘round the back.”
At The Sasha Group, we believe that smart, creative thinking is the ultimate variable that makes brands come to life, whether it’s the startup looking to break into a space or the big, well-known brand looking to break the mold. And while we believe good ideas can come from anywhere, not everyone has the talent, skills, and craft to get those half-ideas onto paper.
That’s where you come in.
We are looking for Senior Copywriters who are experts in their craft and are entrepreneurial about how they can use words (written or spoken) to communicate, guide, and execute against a client’s goals. Sometimes that means writing short & clever copy for social content. Sometimes it’s writing a script for a video. Sometimes it’s helping them craft their brand voice for the very first time. Every deliverable is challenging, but highly rewarding.
Who’s on the team?
You’ll be joining a tightly knit creative team working with emerging and established brands across CPG, fashion, food & beverage, financial services, entertainment, and more. The team is a diverse mix of makers, creators, and ideators from published authors to TikTokers. But we’re all passionate about our mission: How do we level-up our clients to be the next big thing?
And who are you?
- You are a creator and an ideator who can execute at both a high speed and volume.
- You. Must. Love. Words (and have the ability to string them together).
- You enjoy collaborating with other marketing nerds.
- You are a digital native and understand the internet of things.
- You are hungry for great work.
- You can tell a good story that’ll make people stop, listen, and then probably go buy something.
- You consume content and know the ingredients to relevant, thumb-stopping creative work.
The task at hand:
- Thinking big, then writing lots.
- Transforming thoughts and half-ideas into fun, innovative, and creative executions with Art Directors and Account Leads.
- Understand pop culture, trends, and what’s happening in the world to make concise and relevant creative recommendations.
- Write highly engaging, emotional, and impactful content that reflects a brand’s voice.
- Write fast, but with finesse.
- Did we mention, writing?
Okay, but what are you actually writing?
- Ad copy and organic content for various social and digital platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google Search.
- Crafting a brand voice and guidelines for newly emerging brands.
- Foundational materials and creative articulations for brands (like their positioning statement or brand manifesto).
- Scripts for video or audio executions.
- Big campaign concepts for brands looking to make some noise.
- Long-form pieces like email newsletters or blog posts.
- Language for e-commerce websites and marketplaces to make people want to spend money on cool stuff.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar copywriting or editorial role developing and writing for digital/social strategies & campaigns.
- A portfolio reflecting strong concepting and writing.
- Good grammar is a must.
- So are time management skills.
- Thrives in a company of collaborative people, but can clearly demonstrate an ability to get things done without direct supervision.
- Is unromantic about the creative process—they believe good ideas can come from anywhere and can give & take constructive criticism.
- Is unphased by fast turnarounds and can manage tight timelines without sacrificing quality.
- Has a talent for wearing multiple brand hats and switching easily among brand voices.
- Has a strategic mindset and understands how brand strategy can become a business strategy.
- Isn’t afraid to bring their passions, background, and personal experience to their work.
- Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Already writing a better job description than this one.