VaynerMedia is a full service global agency that builds brands for the now. We deliver integrated programmes across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Senior Strategists are tasked with leading day to day strategic planning across a client or clients, combining an understanding of consumer behaviour, marketing challenges, the creative opportunity and the media landscape into a simple and clear communications plan of action.
They are the strategic advisor to the wider strategic leadership and day to day clients when it comes to the consumer and how their behaviour is changing. This role is heavily focused on how we do that across Europe, with the strategist being the boots on the ground of a market, liaising heavily with the wider teams to help them understand specific consumer behaviours and the media landscape for campaigns.
The Senior Strategist is expected to be curious and self-led, confident to ask questions about the audience and brief, test their hypothesis with research, form segmentations and gather / shape data into clear recommendations.
- Deliver a nuanced understanding of the consumer, their behaviour and the media and advertising landscape in the German market
- Serve as the key strategic point of contact on a chosen market for a wider team
- Help to deliver an understanding of how a market is developing, what key threats exist and how we can help address them
- Build and adapt a strategic approach for a creative campaign to help address key challenges within Germany for a brand
- Monitor effectiveness and help to continuously show where we can strategically improve with data analysis and visualisation.
What We’re Looking for:
An experienced strategist with experience across the German market. You will be experienced in developing wider strategy and planning communications within this market and comfortable talking about how it fits within the region. You should be comfortable collaborating with creative, media and client teams, as well as managing a team.
Previous experience in developing strong creative and communications strategies is a necessity, as well as guiding teams to make culturally relevant - impactful work. You will be comfortable with data and analysis, as well as shaping these into strategic recommendations.
Specific Skills / Experience / Activity:
- English language skills, German a plus.
- Experience in communications planning, with examples of using planning tools such as YouGov, GWI, TGI, Comscore and data analysis in Excel, Google Sheets, etc.
- Examples of thought leadership and proactive thinking to address client challenges and industry trends
- Experience within the energy, utilities or oil and gas industry a plus.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.