What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. Headquartered in New York, we’re also across the globe and now, we’re proudly in Asia, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.1
We believe everyone's got brilliant ideas. But what sets us apart from the rest? It's making a beeline for out-of-the-box, killer concepts with the ability to make stuff happen. We've got makers and creators - from illustrators to poets to musicians to 3D artists to data analysts - who bring brands to life, creating and hijacking at the speed of culture. You’ll help us put our heart and soul into our client's products. Solving business problems in unorthodox ways. Touching audiences with emotions. Mixing art and passion with logic and numbers. All to make magic happen.
We’re looking for a seasoned Account Director with extensive experience to lead our growing Japan market by providing insight-driven, market strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships while collaborating with cross-departmental teams.
This role is open for interested candidates based in Japan or Singapore.
Here’s where you come in.
- You’ll supervise the overall management of a client's business, ensuring that we are delivering for the client’s business everyday.
- You’ll strengthen and own client & partner agency relationships (and all other stakeholders) and ensure the rest of the team maps well to the client set.
- You’ll act as a point of contact on the client’s business, including all campaign performance, and competitive, as well as product cycle while navigates a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group
- You’re excellent in presentation skills and deliver impeccable strategic social counsel and ability to partner with creative and media teams to get to a strong story.
- You anticipate the needs of the client and business to sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars while delivering best in class work that helps grow client business.
- You sell in new business and strategically grow portfolios, building relationships wider (if not higher), including helping sell creative ideas that are on strategy.
- You show strong foundational and working knowledge of creative and media across major digital and social channels, common marketing, media principles with a strong understanding of the social media platforms and their ecosystems.
- You strategize on various Paid Media and Measurement opportunities in social, digital, and broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals.
- You collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Creative, Strategy, IPM, Analytics/Insights, Media, Community Management) as well as inter-agency partners to improve and execute on client deliverables, process, and output to ensure ongoing excellence of the work.
- You oversee larger campaign productions (e.g complex video or multiple channel campaigns that require more senior oversight)
- You are able to anticipate production costs, logistics, watch-outs, and what ideas are doable / not doable within a client budget.
- You ensure all scopes and schedules are completed and signed in a timely manner while working alongside finops lead to keep a handle on monthly billing and scope tracker.
We treasure personality and can-do attitude yet we do know that these qualifications lead to success in an amazing hire!
- An illustrious career in client service for media, advertising, or creative agencies in Japan.
- Fluent in Japanese and English and can drive excellent conversation from multi-faceted levels of the organization.
- You have a minimum of 8+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media, creative or advertising programs that drove tangible business outcomes.
- You have proven output rooted in highly strategic thinking that leveraged unique insights to drive disproportionate success.
- Lead heart first, care deeply about both people and outcomes
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment; and working as an integrated team (across creative, media, and strategy)
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- A team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- You have an infectious smile, an upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to an already strong company culture
- Thrives in a company of good people
Interested candidates can apply directly or send as an amazing email at email@example.com