VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to driving sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees, and was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce services as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, and merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, and Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
We’re rigorous about how we build our team, and the work we focus on. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, and creative problem solving.
What You Will Do:
The VP of Technology Practice will lead the Product Management and Tech Services practice. The practice is responsible for building out end-to-end ecommerce products for our clients and providing best-in-class technology consulting services. This role is focused on building out the practice including business development, product development, and managing the practice team. This role will require great leadership skills as well as the ability to grow a business unit.
You are exceptional at building a vision, and leading people towards executing that vision. You can develop a holistic understanding of clients’ businesses and think strategically about how to help them build and deliver successful ecommerce technology products that meet their business objectives. You have proven experience building technology products. You understand and appreciate the scientific method and also know when to adapt to changes quickly. You are a strategic thinker, connecting the dots between data and financial results to create and advocate for your own strategies to drive growth. The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can juggle multiple responsibilities and excels under pressure. They are comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
- Establish shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative ecommerce products that allow clients meet their business objectives
- Manage and grow a team of product managers and tech strategists, while also expanding existing product workstreams
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements in order to provide clients with performance-optimized solutions
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products, and scale cross-functional efforts
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Drive the strategy for a portfolio of products to create a deliberate plan and a cohesive strategy
- Foster tight partnerships with engineering, business development, and growth
- Proactively communicate plans and accomplishments and ensure alignment with senior leadership
- Manage and grow the practice P&L through new business opportunities and client retention
- Sell to and manage Fortune 100 executives, Investors, and Founders
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree (or proof of high fluid intelligence)
- 6+ years of experience in product management or similar function
- 4+ years experience managing a team
- Experience in business development or selling solutions into executives
- Experience in ecommerce strategy, UI/UX strategy, technology
- Experience leading and managing product management or engineering teams
- Startup experience is a plus, but if you fit the qualities above you'll understand what we need
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sales skills
- Quick learner
- High EQ
- Passionate about building the next generation of innovative, performance-optimized ecommerce technology products
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company and drive immediate results