VaynerMedia is a full service global agency that builds brands for the now. We deliver integrated programmes across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Our Strategy Directors are tasked with leading day to day strategic planning across a client or clients, combining an understanding of consumer behaviour, marketing challenges, the creative opportunity and the media landscape into a simple and clear communications plan of action.
They are the strategic advisor to the wider leadership and day to day clients when it comes to the consumer and how their behaviour is changing. This role is heavily focused on how we do that across Europe, with the strategists being the boots on the ground of a market, liaising heavily with the wider teams to help them understand specific consumer behaviours and the media landscape for campaigns.
The Strategy Director is expected to be curious and self-led, confident to ask questions about the audience and brief, test their hypothesis with research, form segmentations and gather / shape data into clear recommendations. They will be working on a social platform brand of the moment + and FMCG client.
- Deliver a nuanced understanding of the consumer, their behaviour and the media and advertising landscape in a key market.
- Serve as the key strategic point of contact on a chosen market for a wider team
- Help to build and update segmentations around B2B and B2C audiences, delivering a deep understanding of how segments may change across a country culturally, demographically and behaviourally
- Help to identify and proactively address client challenges
- Draw upon a rich background of communications planning to liaise with a media team to help ensure unique consumer and media landscape understanding is in all planning.
- Work with the ECD and creative teams to help form creative ideas which can develop into larger campaigns over time
- Monitor effectiveness and help to continuously show where we can strategically improve with data analysis and visualisation.
What We’re Looking for:
An experienced Strategy Director with significant experience across European markets regionally. You will be experienced in developing wider strategy and planning communications within this. You should be comfortable collaborating with creative, media and client teams, as well as managing a small-medium sized team.
You’ll be comfortable talking about what a businessperson in Paris reads this week, what they will care about next week and also why those matter to a brand doing business there.
Previous experience in social platforms and FMCG developing multi-market communications strategies is preferable.
You will be comfortable with data and analysis, as well as shaping these into strategic recommendations. Additional experience with B2B campaigns and audiences is ideal.
Specific Skills / Experience / Activity:
- Multi-market European market experience would be beneficial.
- Experience in communications planning, with examples of using planning tools such as YouGov, GWI, TGI, Comscore and data analysis in Excel, Google Sheets, R, SPSS, etc.
- Examples of thought leadership and proactive thinking to address client challenges and industry trends
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.