As an Art Director at VaynerMedia you are a strategic and creative thinker, storyteller, and creator. You are responsible for upholding the established brand identity, as well as actualizing and expressing it across all creative output.
You ensure that all visual elements are cohesive, consistent, and of the highest quality. You uphold and adhere to any and all existing brand guidelines, making sure all work is effective. You’re able to expand and build new expressions of brands’ visual identities for various platforms. You’re hands-on, able to own the creative process from ideation all the way through to execution. You are able to bring your ideas to life across various social and digital platforms, understanding best practices and nuances. You can conceptualize and create work for various formats and have a thorough understanding of design principles and programs.
In addition to working independently, you’re someone who is able to collaborate with partners, too. You can help conceptualize and execute other creatives’ ideas. You understand how to build content for brands on a micro level, as well as how to build larger ideas more extensive, multi-platform campaigns.
- Maintain proper visual aesthetic; as pertaining to colors, textures, treatments, fonts, branding
- Work with the creative team to concept and execute original work (micro-content, campaigns, etc.)
- Conceptualize and create all things digital and social—e.g., websites, social media ads, social media content, templates, style guides, mobile apps, and more.
- Able to carry out a concept from start to completion independently and with partners
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
- Ability to follow direction, and give and take constructive criticism
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Able to work in fast-paced, always changing environment
- Able to implement feedback with ease and in a timely manner
- Expertise and deep knowledge of social platforms and their best practices, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (Instagram Stories, IGTV, & Reels), and TikTok
- Experience with designing all things digital and social across formats and platforms
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop,
- Proficiency in video and editing suites like After Effects & Premiere is a plus
- Displays thought leadership in areas of typography, layout, and design trends
- Culturally immersed and dialed in to pop culture trends
- Eye for innovation – identifying emerging platforms and trends in the digital space
- Strong visual storytelling skills, can create multi-platform visual solutions
- Experience seeing work all the way through to completion
- Ability to follow direction, and give and take constructive criticism; an aptitude for time management, organization, and communication
- Proficiency in Google Suite (email, docs, drive, slides)
- Strong problem solving skills — able to diagnose and work through production obstacles
- Understanding of image display standards – and their differences – across social channels
- Self-starter, able to work in a small team
- A strong aesthetic sense and excellent, forensic-like attention to detail