Please Note -
- This role requires familiarity with design or UX and a personal website / portfolio must be submitted. It involves significant work with CSS and the visual aspects of the site.
Tracer is a data platform for marketing efficiency. Our technology was born out of the challenges facing today’s marketers. Incubated within VaynerMedia, we provide transparency into the performance of media investments by aggregating cross-platform data and adding business context. Tracer has a proven track record of empowering better decisions with over $400 million traced across more than 50 brands globally.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in transforming the way that advertising works, and who are eager to use technology as the catalyst for change. As a data-driven group of engineers, we believe that tremendous value can be added to advertising when the right tasks can be abstracted, and evaluated programmatically.
What We’re Building
Our job is to build the technology needed to continuously meet the advertising requirements of Fortune 500 companies in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
We build reporting tools that allow the agency to better scale - running more media across more channels with less overhead - from ad creation to media actualization. Our suite of products automates workflows that quickly become unmanageable when dealing with so many disparate entities, and is built on our warehouse of the vast quantity of data available through our API partners. Our focus is on process automation technology for advertising rather than typical ad technology - we feel that cross-platform workflow automation provides more value and is far more defendable that competing with the platforms for performance gains.
- You adapt quickly, and are comfortable not always having a long runway. The landscape we work in is nascent, and rapidly changing.
- You firmly believe there is a line between the tasks best suited for individuals, and those best suited for machines. You are constantly looking to re-draw that boundary.
- You are perpetually curious. We value individuals who can not only provide first-class solutions, but can also ask the right questions.
- You enjoy working on a small team, and the challenge of juggling responsibilities so that above all else, deadlines are met.
- You are interested in the space, and not just its applications with regards to data science. We believe the best technology comes from a true understanding of the problem, which requires a willingness to absorb as much “context” as possible.
- You love to solve problems by creating software that scales. We never want to build the same solution twice, and solving a problem for one person should solve that same problem for everyone else. Our job is to make the rest of the company more efficient.
- Work closely with the UI/UX designers to translate mocks into code
- Have an opinion (any opinion) on design and a desire to improve the look, feel and usability of the site
- Understand and implement best practices in CSS, responsive design, and cross-browser compatibility
- Write clean, readable, reusable code
- Jump into the backend if needed – or at least be able to communicate your ideas to fullstack developers
- Help to quickly scale the team by mentoring new members
- Work closely with the paid advertising and analytics teams to develop the product
Required Skills / Experience
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, or applicable field or Graduate of a coding bootcamp with a strong technical or design background
- 0+ years experience – we care more about the quality of your work rather than how long you’ve worked
- Comfortable with at least one front-end framework – we use Ember but Angular or React experience is cool too
- Have experience implementing from wireframes/mocks
Tech Stack - direct experience not required, but experience with similar tools a strong plus
- Python / Pandas
- Django REST framework
- Heroku / AWS
- Ember / Coffeescript / Sass
- We are a small, focused, and collaborative team
- New members quickly take on responsibility of larger parts of the application
- While your focus may be on one part of our technology stack we know that engineers love to learn, and we encourage you to continue to learn all of our tools