VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to driving sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees, and was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce services as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, and merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, and Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
We’re rigorous about how we build our team, and the work we focus on. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, and creative problem solving.
What You Will Do:
The Senior Growth Analyst supports VaynerCommerce client engagement teams on ensuring our partner brands meet their growth goals. This role will be focused on working with our growth and account management teams, and client’s brand teams to grow our brands customer acquisition and increase retention. The ideal candidate is self-driven and will leverage superb communication, and problem-solving skills to drive analytically sound recommendations to efficiently drive growth. You will help evolve attribution frameworks, build pipelines / dashboarding, and optimize marketing and lifecycle campaigns across all channels. This role will challenge you to think strategically and contribute to high-level discussions across the organization.
You are exceptional at prioritizing work, setting expectations and communicating to stakeholders. You understand and appreciate the scientific method and also know when to adapt to changes quickly. You love telling a story with data and creating actionable insights. You are a strategic thinker, connecting the dots between data and financial results to create and advocate for your own strategies to drive growth. The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can juggle multiple responsibilities and excels under pressure. They are comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
- Produce ad-hoc analysis, insights and visibility on performance
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who can work with complex data sets, drive insights and clearly communicate findings to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Enable tracking and monitoring performance KPIs through weekly and monthly reports
- Partner with marketing managers, account managers, engineers, and strategy leaders while ensuring the right questions are being asked, solicit feedback, and iterate until you reach meaningful conclusions backed by solid analyses
- Use SQL on a daily basis to develop data pipelines, write complex queries, and perform analyses
- Solve problems, challenge assumptions, and expect to be faced with open-ended questions
- Lead analytical analyses / projects such as funnel analysis, channel optimizations (SEM, Social, Display, Affiliates, Organic, SEO, Email), marketing attribution, and lead list opportunity sizing
- Collaborate with business leaders across VaynerCommerce to develop financial forecasts, build operational goals, and optimize investment spend for client’s
- Define KPIs and build self-serve data visualization dashboards to monitor performance
- Participate and contribute to weekly growth meetings with different stakeholders to keep growth organization in rhythm and come up with growth ideas aligned to key client objectives
What We're Looking For:
- Rigorous training in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Analytics, Econometrics, Mathematics or related field)
- 4+ years of analytics experience (e.g., marketing analytics, product analytics, data science)
- Experience in an ecommerce, growth related role is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics, Shopify, CRM, and business intelligence tools preferred
- Fluency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Looker, or Python)
- Expert in Excel, can manipulate raw data to draw insights
- Understanding of marketing / lifecycle attribution frameworks, retention, and LTV
- Can learn and implement financial modeling integrated with growth strategy
- Superb instincts and natural curiosity
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
*Open to discuss a different location than this