What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. Headquartered in New York, we’re also in 7 cities across the globe and now, we’re proudly in the +65, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.
We are ready for an Account Director with an exemplary track record of experience in the Thailand market. We believe everyone's got brilliant ideas but we would love someone with a natural entrepreneurial spirit and love for social media.
Here’s where you come in.
Who Are You?
- An overall leader who runs the day to day, keeping the wheels moving and your client and team motivated.
- A gatekeeper of the brand equity and quality control of work prior to it leaving the building.
- A big thinker yet a hands-on in execution
- A bigger person in every situation, even if the other person is wrong.
Responsibilities / Expectations
Client Management: You are the “voice” of the client
- Act as the overall management of a client’s business, ensuring that we are delivering for the client’s business everyday.
- Strengthen and own client (SBM/BM) partner agency relationships (and all other stakeholders) and ensure the rest of the team maps well to the client set.
- Ensure that all client initiatives run on time and on budget.
- Navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group, and be deeply informed on the client’s business, including all campaign performance, any competitive, as well as product cycle.
- Deeper and more proactive understanding of client’s business outside of our campaigns or the marketing context.
- Be able to leverage brand knowledge to inspire the team and contribute ideas that can transform the business.
- Be able to effectively lead and shape client presentations and confidently present, as required.
- Understands your role as a leader on the team. Always approachable and empathetic, you are seen as a role model to their direct reports in terms of maturity, self awareness and professionalism.
- Educate, inspire, motivate, and mentor account teams (along with strategy, media and creative etc…) in VaynerMedia’s commitment to providing best-in-class marketing communications, while contributing to the career growth of your team members.
- The Account Director is the person to whom the account supervisor and account executives look for support, guidance, and counsel.
- Responsibilities: Overall growth and development of their team.
- Supervise creative development for the account - you help lead and shape the creative work based on the client’s business objectives and brief to the agency. Specifically ongoing campaign as well as campaign exploratories. Also other creative projects/initiative presentManages up to VP/SVP on all things having to do with client and team
- Responsible for assignments centered around operational and internal initiatives, as provided by the Leadership team
- Radical Candor: Ability to deliver all feedback (both the positive and the tough) in a clear, direct and motivating manner
- Attendance and leadership role at relevant Client meetings/IAT/Presentations
- Manage and attend relevant internal meetings (e.g: creative reviews, account management status meetings, etc)
- Attend live-action content shoots: Ensure relevant documentation for pre-production meetings, shoots are in place prior to production
- Supervise post production process incl. review rough cuts, influencer approvals, Smart, experiential etc.
- Ensure all internal and external legal approvals are in place and is accurately reflected in the deliverables
- Proactively identify needs of the client and business to sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars, while delivering best in class work that help grow client business
- Has proven ability to sell in new business and strategically grow portfolio, building relationships wider (if not higher). This includes helping sell in creative ideas that are on strategy.
- Ambitious, driven and strives to deliver the best work on behalf of VaynerMedia, not just his/her particular state.
- Drive long term project planning in conjunction with VP
Business Strategy: Practitioner of the space. You live and breathe marketing for the world we live in.
- You regularly read business reports and platform updates and provide a pov to the client as relevant
- Eat, breathe, and sleep today’s digital & mobile consumer, to develop brand-specific strategies that, ultimately, help them sell shit
- Strong foundational and working knowledge of creative and media across major digital and social channels. Must be well versed in common marketing & media principles with a strong understanding of the social media platforms and their ecosystems.
- Be well versed in the various Paid Media and Measurement opportunities in social, digital, and broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals.
- Oversees larger campaign productions (e.g complex video or multiple channel campaigns that require more senior oversight)
- Participate in annual planning sessions and lead development of campaign proposals
- Participate on larger strategic projects e.g. annual planning and help to set strategic agenda for the clients and goals for the team
- Have well honed eye to evaluate creative based on brand strategy & guidelines
- Strong understanding of all of VM’s offerings, including Experience, VSolutions, UX, Talent, etc. and know how and when to utilize these teams and their offerings
- Working knowledge of current video viewability standards
Communication + Collaboration: You know how to wrangle
- Solid presentation skills (verbal, written, visual) to deliver impeccable strategic social counsel and ability to partner with creative and media teams to get to a strong story
- Strong facilitation skills
- Collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Creative, Strategy, IPM, Analytics/Insights, Media, Community Management) as well as inter-agency partners to improve and execute on client deliverables, process, and output to ensure ongoing excellence of the work
- Ensure the team is working with consistent processes and templates and have a buttoned up approach to day to day management of campaigns and clients
- Silo-buster and collaborator - constantly inspiring creative thinking outside of expected job requirements
Financial acumen + business health
- You deliver all projects on time and within budget for your business
- Be able to anticipate production costs, logistics, watch-outs, and what ideas are doable / not doable within a client budget
- Ensures client relationship health is closely tracked and communicated to leadership on a regular basis
- Leads client communications around campaign finances and billing
- Ensures all scopes and schedules are completed and signed in a timely manner while working alongside finops lead to keep a handle on monthly billing and scope tracker.
- Contribute to the continued growth and stability of VaynerMedia, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today and tomorrow