What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. Headquartered in New York City, we’re also in 7 offices across the globe and now at +1000. VM APAC is proudly in the +80 regionally, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.
Who are you?
VaynerMedia APAC is seeking a marketing and communications manager to join the growing APAC team. The role will have responsibility for raising the profile and reputation of VaynerMedia as a brand with implications of driving new business, attracting new talent and positioning the agency against the competition. The role will report to the Head of VaynerMedia APAC.
Here’s where you come in...
- Liaise and build relationships with clients and their PR department or PR company.
- Support new business outreach, initiatives, and organization as a whole.
- Lead PR strategy and outreach of press launches for client campaigns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry publications, consumer press and broadcast outlets with the aim of having VaynerMedia APAC companies and/or its people regularly represented.
- Raise awareness and public profile of VaynerMedia APAC’s executives through broadcast, speaking and byline opportunities.
- Craft press releases for the agency, including account wins, award shows and people news.
- Field and prioritize inbound press queries and media requests.
- Research media coverage and industry trends pertinent to VM clients.
- Work closely with new business to identify opportunities in verticals the agency is pitching
- Develop thought leadership content around key agency expertise.
- Assist with the management of events to market the agency.
- Assist with VaynerMedia APAC’s presence at key industry events (e.g. Spikes Asia etc.).
- Help calendar/coordinate awards submissions process across client teams.
- Counsel client teams on award opportunities and entries.
- Compile and write information for internal newsletter to keep employees informed and connected
- Attend and cover events, conferences and training as assigned.
- Provide mentorship and skill growth to our apac team.
- Send global team agency news and cultural events for company-wide newsletter.
- Assist with maintaining company brand on Social Media
- Liaise with the global comms team to ensure consistency of message, alignment with other PR strategies etc.
We treasure positive personality and can-do attitude yet we do know that these qualifications lead to a success in this role
- Experience in a communications, corporate communications or public relations role; in-house communications experience at a media or advertising agency experience a plus.
- Existing relationships with key industry press
- Has experience/ability to pitch media and compose press releases
- Ability to work in tight deadline situations and maintain excellent judgment in a very fast-paced environment
- Is proactive and has the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent problem solving, prioritizing and analytical abilities
- Adept and comfortable working through frequent change in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- A team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Diverse communicator to all levels within the organization
- Thrives in a company of good people
- Additional languages or experience in other Southeast Asian countries are a plus.
- Genuine belief in bringing your full self to what you do everyday, see “work” as a calling and a passion
- Super Important: Already writing a better job description than this one….