VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm that provides growth, technology, and consulting services to help brands achieve sustainable growth. Whether it’s a new eCommerce experience or a connected mobile app, we’ll translate your big idea into a digital experience that’s meaningful, useful, and delivers real results. We pride ourselves on being able to provide brands with holistic solutions, no matter what stage they’re at.
Who are you?
You’re a team player who will create value in any situation. You understand problem solving and have a passion for learning technologies that will enable us to produce excellent products. You will work in a team environment in the design and execution of high-traffic, mission-critical applications and websites. You’re a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve your skillset, jump into new languages as needed in short - welcome evolution with open arms. You enjoy working on rapid prototypes in your spare time. You go to tech meet-ups for fun, you like to chat geek with others. This role reports to the Director of Technology.
Technologies we use:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Compute Engine
- Developing structured, tested, readable and maintainable NodeJS services written in ESNext/Typescript
- Contribute to and support high quality front-end (VueJS) applications
- Staying current with the latest best practices and contribute to the overall knowledge of the team
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Working with CI/CD, test-driven systems and agile methodologies
- Efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time worked on each project
- Ensure your knowledge of web design and the wider digital industry is kept up-to-date and relevant
- Help refine and improve the end to end development processes
- Take ownership of your work and bring your own ideas and creativity to the table - We want someone who isn’t afraid to speak their mind!
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to take initiative
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Passion for writing reusable code and solving complex challenges
- Experience setting up continuous deployment and test-driven systems
- Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services
- Expertise with cloud infrastructures such as GCP and/or AWS
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python, Go, PHP, Dino, etc.
Location: Costa Mesa
Remote through 2020