VaynerCommerce is a firm focused on engineering sustainable growth for modern brands. Started by former Shopify Plus employees, it was born out of the frustration that brands were left with no viable options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce serves as a strategic partner across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, and merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works with Fortune 100 and direct-to-consumer brands.
We’re strict about how we build our team, and the work we do. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of commerce which requires us to put together collaborative teams and creative problem-solving.
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day execution of client projects and account strategy. You will work in a consultative manner with the fastest-growing brands and guide the engagement team toward positive impact and results. The role will require you to think strategically and plan for the long-term to ensure longevity of the account and the client’s success. The team will look to you to craft best-in-class client engagement strategies that are capable of guiding the client and team, identifying key problem areas and coordinating solutions to those challenges. Being able to communicate solutions and results to clients is critical.
Projects will span across consumer categories focused on solving problems relating to ecommerce growth and technology. Your work will impact some of the largest retailers in the world, as well as newer high-growth brands disrupting categories. You will work across organizations and levels from senior executives to brand managers to drive solutions forward.
The work will require managing cross-functional solutions, coordinating with team members from different functions, and nurturing direct relationships with portfolios of brands.
You will report to the VP of Product & Consulting, and work collaboratively with the rest of the engagement team including Growth Engineers & Analysts, Designers, Developers and more. At times you will work closely with other VaynerX organizations and leadership to co-build solutions on joint-venture projects.
Success on the role will include: instilling a highly-aligned culture on engagement teams, positive results for the client, and long-term account growth.
You have a breadth of knowledge from ecommerce product development, to understanding customer UX. You are exceptional at prioritizing work, setting expectations and communicating to stakeholders. You are a strong project advocate who knows how to motivate the team and move the project forward. The ideal candidate has a proactive approach and can juggle multiple responsibilities and excels under pressure. You must also be comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree or MBA preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 6+ years in a consulting, brand, or client-focused role with a background in digital product, growth or ecommerce
- Strong functional knowledge in areas including but not limited to strategy, business development, marketing and sales, product development, supply chain, etc.
- Ability to define, analyze, and solve problems
- Understanding of key account strategies and client-focused approaches
- A combination of a systems-thinking approach and scientific methodology
- Ability to effectively communicate quantitative and qualitative findings and contextualize them with respect to business objectives and strategy
- Ability to manage key relationships and stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to present strategic findings at an executive level
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Acute attention to detail and never-ending curiosity
- Persistence and relentlessness toward achieving personal and professional goals
Location: New York or Los Angeles/Orange County full-time starting in 2021
Remote through 2020