At VaynerMedia, we’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks strategically, shares a passion for emerging technology, and understands the world of both big campaigns and content.
Our copywriter collaborates a lot with designers to own content calendars and campaign execution for a set of brands for the APAC market. Our copywriters serve a slightly different role than more traditional “digital creative types,” but thankfully we’ll never use the term “digital ninja.”
We are looking for an experienced Copywriter that speaks and writes fluent Japanese and English that can be either based in Tokyo or Singapore.
EXPERTISE - The skills and knowledge needed to excel in our role.
- You create engaging creative content on a spectrum of media platforms (social, streaming, AR, music, film, interactive, etc.) independently.
- You excel in content creation formats (adobe premiere, after effects, adobe creative suite & design templates in canva or google docs, sheets, slides, TikTok, IG, FB live, etc.)
- You lead an appropriate level of crafting following the VaynerX standards.
- You lead the details of flawless execution to heart, master of one's own craft (copy).
- You manage creative problem solving and fuels team excitement to create an engaging story no matter what channel it lives in.
- You lead creative craft in the knowledge of platforms and grasp of culture to solve marketing problems for a variety of brands.
- You perform multi-tasks naturally without compromising on quality and creativity while managing own and teams time to effectively meet the demands of multiple jobs
- You understand the difference between a creative idea and a tactical execution and proficient at generating both.
- You lead style, supply references, and independently creates, think beyond your own discipline and specialization.
- You work to stay current with technology and trends as well as seek opportunities to improve copy skills.
- You enforce passion for copy and eager to learn how to create pieces that drive engagement and extend brand experiences.
- You commission a range of creative work from faster, “smaller” pieces to “bigger” builds for a range of clients, as well as VaynerMedia wide projects.
- You institute mastery of industry best practices and the platforms VM used, as well as willing to learn and articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each.
- You pursue perfection in concepting, designing, developing, and putting the team in the best position to present our ideas.
- You accentuate strong typography skills, mastery of craft, and performs expertise in all creative suite programs.
- You demonstrate knowledge of UI/UIX and interest in the big social media platforms and know its abilities and limitations in the scope of design.
- You adhere to direction from directors; gives and takes constructive criticism.
- You have a natural sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing VaynerMedia family and a smile on their face a majority of the time
- You know the industry best practices and the platforms we love, as well as be willing to learn and articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each
- You have extensive experience in copywriting, developing, and creating for digital/social.
- You’re strategic in thinking and a passion for ideating focused campaigns.
- You have an aptitude for time management, organization, and communication.
- You’re a master of presentation and you have a deep desire to present work to the client.
- You’re passionate about storytelling, grammar mastery, and the ability to tailor your writing to tell that story on a variety of platforms.
EXECUTION - Our ability to prioritize and deliver effectively with autonomy.
- Accountable for team performance and efficiency, owning and making measurable improvements on work quality and internal processes to ensure consistency and quality of product deliverables.
- Sets stretch goals and hold self and others to high standards of performance.
- Oversees ongoing critical tasks, as well as full reporting and analysis.
- Focuses on getting ahead of events and never satisfied with the status quo of execution.
- Strives for zero mistakes or flagged internal process issues
- Consistently acts with integrity and invests in building trust with all colleagues.
COMMUNICATION - Our ability to effectively interact, manage, and inspire those around us.
- Contributes to internal (and some external team communications e.g. weekly and monthly newsletters)
- Creates presentations relevant to presenting own or team's work.
- Adapts communication to the specific audience.
- Presents complex, conceptual ideas in practical terms to others.
- Leads and actively participates in internal and external discussions
STRATEGIC THINKING - Our ability to forecast decision outcomes and conduct sound business judgment.
- Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
- Anticipate obstacles and apply practical solutions.
- Collaborates with internal, cross-disciplinary teams to produce the greatest work product for the client.
- Establishes self as the subject matter expert and knowledge shared across the agency and empower others through discipline, slack channels, and/or other forums.