What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia APAC! A full-service agency built for the now. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. Headquartered in New York, we’re also in 7 cities across the globe and now, we’re proudly in the +90, servicing a diverse clientele all around the APAC region.
We’re looking for amazing people to join our team (more specifically, a STRATEGY DIRECTOR).
Here’s where you come in...
You are a problem solver at heart and insanely curious about people, culture and technology. Most of all, you like to get your hands dirty, are obsessed with researching & finding interesting things that are hidden from sight (even in the seemingly most mundane of places) and adept at translating your findings into compelling creative briefs, enjoy partnering with teams to see your work through from research to execution, and communicate your work with passion and conviction.
What you should know about our team...
We’re collaborative and come from diverse backgrounds. We value creativity in research, and an outside-in perspective when it comes to inspiration, strategic frameworks and problem-solving. Technology has fundamentally changed the way we interact with others and the world around us, and we geek out about understanding behaviors in context, instead of probing humans in a petri dish.
What you should know about VaynerMedia...
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
Here in Singapore, we’re just starting out but growing exponentially... We’ve grown quickly since opening in May ‘19, running full-service digital creative and media across the Asia Pacific region.
You would be leading a team of talented strategists, social listening analysts, and community experts. As such, there are many hats you’d have to wear from day 1. You would need to conduct research, write briefs, guide work, pitch to clients - really anything and everything it takes to get the job done and deliver fantastic, big, bold, beautiful work.
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years experience building integrated programs at a top agency working for Fortune 500 clients -- must have experience understanding the intersection of business strategy, consumer insights, and digital behavior and developing big, purposeful ideas.
- Experience doing traditional, web, social, syndicated and primary research (incl.: NetBase, MRI, Sysomos, Brandwatch, eMarketer, Mintel, Google Analytics, Omniture; conducting IDIs, digital ethnographies, etc.)
- Dazzling presentation skills and presence in a room
- Ability to express complicated concepts in simple and digestible ways (“Explain it to a fifth grader”)
- Curious and lovely to get along with