VaynerMedia is a full service global agency built for the now. We deliver integrated programs across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Our Strategy Directors are tasked with leading strategic planning for their client, combining an understanding of consumer behaviour, marketing challenges, the creative opportunity and the media landscape into a simple and clear communications plan of action.
They are the strategic advisor to our clients when it comes to their business and how communications can help address business challenges and deliver results. This role is heavily focused on how we do that across Europe, with the director coordinating a team of strategists and liaising heavily with media teams to translate consumer behaviour and the media landscape into campaigns with the customer at the heart.
The Strategy Director is expected to lead from the front, but not be afraid of helping to own detail, grow a team’s potential and contribute their strategic philosophy to how a client delivers communications.
What we're looking for
An experienced strategist with extensive experience of developing wider strategy and planning communications across EMEA markets. Candidates should be comfortable collaborating with creative, media and client teams, as well as managing a team.
We’re looking for people who are both knowledgeable and fundamentally curious about what a business person in Paris reads this week, what they will care about next week and also why these would matter to a brand doing business there.
Previous experience in developing multi-market communications strategies is a necessity, as well as experience and language skills for either the French or German Market. Candidates should be comfortable with data and analysis and be proficient in shaping them into strategic recommendations. Candidates must also be adept in managing/presenting to senior client stakeholders. Experience with B2B campaigns and audiences is mandatory. Previous experience in leading performance / direct response teams is highly preferred.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable with change and evolution of plans and activations, understanding the importance of collaboration and adjusting approaches to achieve maximum results. Ideally they would have had experience working with fast-changing clients across several EMEA markets. Real Estate or Hospitality experience would be a huge benefit to candidates.
- Coordinate and lead European communications planning efforts, delivering an understanding of how media, messaging and the consumer meet together.
- Help to build and update segmentations around B2B and B2C audiences, delivering a deep understanding of how segments may change across a region culturally, demographically and behaviourally.
- Lead the strategic thinking of an account, identifying and addressing client challenges while driving innovation and opportunities for the business.
- Contribute to the growth and culture of VaynerMedia, serving as a leader in helping to continuously update our strategic product.
- Draw upon a rich background of communications planning to liaise with a media team at all levels, to help ensure unique consumer and media landscape understanding is in all planning.
- Manage a team of 2+ strategists in varied locations to ensure regional and local efforts reflect the strategic thinking in execution.
- Work with creative teams to help form creative ideas which can develop into larger campaigns over time.
- Monitor effectiveness and continuously show where we can strategically improve with data analysis and visualisation.
- 10+ years experience in communications planning, with examples of using planning tools such as YouGov, GWI, TGI, Comscore and data analysis in Excel, Google Sheets, R, SPSS, etc.
- 5+ Years experience leading teams and developing junior strategists through leadership, delegation and mentoring, with a preference for any leadership roles around performance or direct response teams
- Fluent French or German language skills, in addition to English.
- Multi-market European market experience, with direct experience in either France or Germany.
- Strong capabilities around managing and presenting to senior client stakeholders
- B2B industry experience, with preference around Real Estate and/or Hospitality experience
- Experience and examples of creative and wider strategic thinking, building integrated campaigns working with creative and media teams in either one agency or multi-agency groups.
- Examples of thought leadership and proactive thinking to address client challenges and industry trends.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.