VaynerMedia is obsessed with marketing for the moment we live in. We have an insatiable desire to help brands navigate the ever-changing waters of digital marketing and emerging technologies as we redefine the industry, and are looking for a Media Director to lead this for our client partners at WeWork.
Our Media Directors drive strategic planning and buying across a large line of business, identifying tactical game plans and setting strategies. They are able to simultaneously manage a team and multiple work streams, whilst also being able to provide original strategic direction and distill down information into key points for senior internal and external stakeholders.
These individuals act as a strategic partner to our clients providing assessment of the client's current online and offline strategies and identifying areas for improvement. This role has a heavy focus on media planning and activation across the European market, with particular focus on France and Germany.
Our Media Directors are responsible for ensuring that VaynerMedia’s ‘Honey Empire’ values are followed and provide their teams with stability, direction, and growth. They are expected to lead and manage their own team, whilst also being able to lead and collaborate with external clients and other internal departments.
What we're looking for
French or German native speaker with extensive experience planning and/or activating media within one or both priority markets (FR/DE). Additionally a strong background in running campaigns and media across a variety of European markets and leading EMEA businesses.
A natural leader that can inspire and motivate a team of 6-8 individuals, focused on achieving best-in-class service to your client through online and offline media planning and activation. Previous experience in offline and/or programmatic media planning and/or media buying is highly preferred, along with experience leading performance / direct response teams. All candidates must have prior B2B experience
Our ideal candidate is comfortable with change and evolution of plans and activations, understanding the importance of collaboration, optimisation and adjusting approaches to achieve maximum results. Ideally they would have had experience working with fast-changing clients across several EMEA markets. Real Estate or Hospitality experience would be a huge benefit to candidates.
They must have both online and offline experience, a natural desire to learn and evolve, and extensive experience in the French or German market.
- Represent the client’s point of view when collaborating with cross-discipline functions while reviewing work, and leverage this perspective when providing feedback to the internal team and presenting to the client.
- Provide excellent client service, managing expectations of deliverables and relaying strategic shifts regularly.
- Consult and guide clients on the technical side of ad ops, platform nuance, and guidance of media strategy to identify and sell-through campaign and incremental campaign opportunities to help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars.
- Develop and deliver senior-level media strategy to clients across all levels that are derived from industry insights and expertise, and learning the development of subsequent deliverables e.g. quarterly decks, performance recaps, etc.
- Consistently work to maintain the success of campaigns through updating deliverables such as working presentations, media strategy, plan summaries, exec summaries, etc. as needed.
- Contribute to the continued growth and stability of VaynerMedia, by identifying opportunities to offer other VaynerMedia services to existing clients and introducing new clients to our offerings.
- Maintain relationships with the media vendor community and continue to develop platform, publisher, and brand relationships.
- Foster strong collaboration with internal teams that include Insights & Strategy, Creative, Project Management, Media Buying/Investment, and Analytics from brief to execution, to keep projects moving forward.
- Help to define team success by ensuring they are tracking towards the goals/vision, overseeing deliverables, providing council, addressing potential issues, in an attempt to continue to foster growth of your team members.
Required Skills/ Experience/ Activity
All candidates must have:
- Demonstrable experience leading the planning and buying strategy for a large integrated client.
- Prior B2B industry experience
- Fluent French or German language skills, in addition to English.
- A proven track record of leadership experience for cross-EMEA clients.
- Experience in managing and developing a team
Candidates must also be fluent in the following:
- Localised out of home partners (above and beyond Clear Channel and JCD)
- Ability to lead conversations with print and publisher partners on direct buys and content partnerships
- Direct experience with 360 local French and German market activations (including OOH, Radio, Linear, Print, etc.)
- Direct experience planning ATL media campaigns, including measurement and analysis
- Google Ads (YouTube, Display, Video)
- Search experience (SA360 or similar mandatory, Yandex and Bing optional)
- DSPs (DV360 preferred, Amazon a plus, any DSP knowledge would suffice)
- Ad Servers (Media Tagging, Site Pixeling - Google Campaign Manager is preferred, but any 3PAS experience would suffice)
- Data Onboarders (Liveramp or similar) with a special focus on EMEA-wide platforms
- Excel (Formulas, Pivot Tables)
- Site Side Analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
- Viewability partners (MOAT, IAS, DV)
- DMP knowledge (examples: Krux, BlueKai, Adobe)
- Attribution partners (MTA: VIQ, Neustera | Foot Traffic: Placed, 9th Decimal, PlaceIQ, etc | Call Attribution: Dialogtech, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Insertion Order buying and manually building, tracking, and managing IOs (we have no platform that normally automates this process)Google Sheets, Google Slides
And more! Generally we are seeking candidates with enough knowledge of the industry to be able to easily piece together what you don't know based on existing knowledge, past experience, and new information from 3rd parties. The marketing landscape moves quickly and we’re looking for candidates who can move with it.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.