At VaynerMedia, we’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks strategically, shares a passion for emerging technology, and understands the world of both big campaigns and content.
Our copywriter collaborates a lot with designers to own content calendars and campaign execution for a set of brands for the APAC market. Our copywriters serve a slightly different role than more traditional “digital creative types,” but thankfully we’ll never use the term “digital ninja.”
EXPERTISE - The skills and knowledge needed to excel in our role.
- You create engaging creative content on a spectrum of media platforms (social, streaming, AR, music, film, interactive, etc.) independently.
- You excel in content creation formats (adobe premiere, after effects, adobe creative suite & design templates in canva or google docs, sheets, slides, TikTok, IG, FB live, etc.)
- You lead an appropriate level of crafting following the VaynerX standards.
- You lead the details of flawless execution to heart, master of one's own craft (copy).
- You manage creative problem solving and fuels team excitement to create an engaging story no matter what channel it lives in.
- You lead creative craft in the knowledge of platforms and grasp of culture to solve marketing problems for a variety of brands.
- You perform multi-tasks naturally without compromising on quality and creativity while managing own and teams time to effectively meet the demands of multiple jobs
- You understand the difference between a creative idea and a tactical execution and proficient at generating both.
- You lead style, supply references, and independently creates, think beyond your own discipline and specialization.
- You work to stay current with technology and trends as well as seek opportunities to improve copy skills.
- You enforce passion for copy and eager to learn how to create pieces that drive engagement and extend brand experiences.
- You commission a range of creative work from faster, “smaller” pieces to “bigger” builds for a range of clients, as well as VaynerMedia wide projects.
- You institute mastery of industry best practices and the platforms VM used, as well as willing to learn and articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each.
- You pursue perfection in concepting, designing, developing, and putting the team in the best position to present our ideas.
- You accentuate strong typography skills, mastery of craft, and performs expertise in all creative suite programs.
- You demonstrate knowledge of UI/UIX and interest in the big social media platforms and know its abilities and limitations in the scope of design.
- You adhere to direction from directors; gives and takes constructive criticism.
- You have a natural sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing VaynerMedia family and a smile on their face a majority of the time
- You know the industry best practices and the platforms we love, as well as be willing to learn and articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each
- You have extensive experience in copywriting, developing, and creating for digital/social.
- You’re strategic in thinking and a passion for ideating focused campaigns.
- You have an aptitude for time management, organization, and communication.
- You’re a master of presentation and you have a deep desire to present work to the client.
- You’re passionate about storytelling, grammar mastery, and the ability to tailor your writing to tell that story on a variety of platforms.
EXECUTION - Our ability to prioritize and deliver effectively with autonomy.
- Accountable for team performance and efficiency, owning and making measurable improvements on work quality and internal processes to ensure consistency and quality of product deliverables.
- Sets stretch goals and hold self and others to high standards of performance.
- Oversees ongoing critical tasks, as well as full reporting and analysis.
- Focuses on getting ahead of events and never satisfied with the status quo of execution.
- Strives for zero mistakes or flagged internal process issues
- Consistently acts with integrity and invests in building trust with all colleagues.
COMMUNICATION - Our ability to effectively interact, manage, and inspire those around us.
- Contributes to internal (and some external team communications e.g. weekly and monthly newsletters)
- Creates presentations relevant to presenting own or team's work.
- Adapts communication to the specific audience.
- Presents complex, conceptual ideas in practical terms to others.
- Leads and actively participates in internal and external discussions
STRATEGIC THINKING - Our ability to forecast decision outcomes and conduct sound business judgment.
- Adapts deliverables to meet client needs
- Anticipate obstacles and apply practical solutions.
- Collaborates with internal, cross-disciplinary teams to produce the greatest work product for the client.
- Establishes self as the subject matter expert and knowledge shared across the agency and empower others through discipline, slack channels, and/or other forums.