VaynerMedia is a full service global agency built for the now. We deliver integrated programmes across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
We are a new breed of agency - we're 3 years old in London and 10 years old globally. Founded by an irrepressibly charismatic entrepreneur and business influencer, Gary Vaynerchuk. We're independent, we're different, and we're ambitious. We care about real world business results and what real audiences think.
VaynerMedia in the USA is famous. 3 Super Bowl spots. Cannes-award-winning work. Shortlisted for Campaign's Indie Agency of the Year. But in London, things are just getting started. The founding team worked to set up an incredible business of 65 people, a group of A-list clients and now is the time for everyone to notice us and get what we do and why we're different - with a new MD and a brand new ECD at the helm.
We are currently looking for a Director of Project Management to be a part of our fast-paced, collaborative, innovative modern digital agency. Candidates need to be entrepreneurial, thrive in an open culture, and be ready to make an immediate impact in our London office.
Who are you?
A Project Director or Head of Project Management. Highly organised, highly motivated, goal- and detail-oriented self starter who is passionate and experienced in all aspects of agency project management. You understand and can advise on how to develop and implement appropriate portfolio processes and operations. Your experience is inclusive of, but not limited to, integrated brand campaigns, highly produced digital videos, highly produced social content, websites & digital experiences, and other complex projects.
You are someone who is all about hustle, flexibility, and creative problem solving. You are a strong leader capable of building relationships, communicating ideas, and providing thoughtful, clear, actionable direction to team members and clients. You are able to partner closely with department and business leads to manage a portfolio of brands, as well as manage, grow, and lead the team of Project Managers assigned to those brands. You are passionate about creativity and your processes support the delivery of high quality work.
- Portfolio Management
- Serve as senior lead on large-scale portfolios of businesses, partnering with Client Partnership VPs, Group Creative Directors, and other department leads (Strategy, Production, Tech, Media) regularly on business priorities and portfolio-specific processes.
- Work with Client Partnerships and Finance leads to define and monitor overall portfolio approaches, deliverables, staffing plans and agency fees.
- Understand each client engagement, including business objectives and priorities.
- Serve as a key lead on all aspects of project and retainer financials within a portfolio - ensuring proper processes, tracking methods and escalations are being adhered to
- Ensure the delivery of best in class creative output across all campaigns.
- Partner with department leads in retainer scopes, procurement requirements, and larger business planning with clients
- Project Management
- Provide strategic program planning and oversight on a variety of marketing and advertising work, including brand creative, websites & digital experiences, social content, digital videos, paid media, etc
- Review budgets, project plans, and SOWs with an understanding of best practices, potential third-party capabilities, time requirements, and broader portfolio business objectives
- Work with PMs, resourcing and department leads to assemble the best integrated teams for each assignment.
- Team Management
- Mentor and train Project Managers to ensure optimal team dynamics and individual career growth
- Provide a pivotal communication, escalation, and negotiation point to the team.
- Support PM department head in developing, vetting and implementing process and training initiatives for department staff
- Process Management
- Responsible for the operation, customization and improvement of team processes necessary for each portfolio’s business needs
- Work with other senior department leads to maximize operational efficiencies and define processes on the team, project and portfolio levels
- Nurture cross-functional agency relationships and be the ultimate problem solver to deliver work to Clients
- Confident seeing work through to production and advising on/ scoping production partners.
- New Client Planning
- Lead client discovery and scoping with business lead
- Develop budget, staff plan, and related contracts
- Align key internal and client stakeholders on onboarding process and key ways of working
- Provide significant support to PM during first 100 days of client engagement
The ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years experience, including direct experience within an agency environment in a project management capacity
- Experience with digital and social projects and deliverables ranging from £10K to £2M+
- Strong ability to partner across departments, including Client Service, Strategy, Creative, Production, Media, Tech, Ecomm, etc.
- A cool, calm and collected approach to problem solving
- Understanding of, and experience executing, projects that adhere to platform guidelines, legal considerations, advertising regulations and social/digital best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, and as a part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for team leadership, mentorship, and development of junior talent
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.