Director, Integrated Strategy
New York, NY
The Director, Integrated Strategy is responsible for their assigned clients’ strategic planning and deliverables for brand, creative, communications and attention strategies. The Director, Integrated Strategy appreciates the value of ‘simplexity’ and their role in navigating the often complex territories of brand building in the digital economy, new media approaches, cultural trends, along with fresh, modern approaches to creative, content, experiences and technology. The role requires insightfulness, confidence, eloquence and persuasiveness in order to deliver and support strategic recommendations.
- Ability to articulate effective strategic rationale and logic flow to deliver a compelling story to client.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic skills to help solve client’s business problems.
- Evaluate creative concepts and communication opportunities and provide sound feedback and/or recommendations, as appropriate.
- Attend all client briefings, interrogating the brief, and diagnosing the often ‘internal motivations’ not explicitly written in the briefing documents. Writing reverse briefs.
- Understanding the category, and the trends that are affecting the category, from both a macro level of culture to a micro level of competitive brands.
- Identify and understand the people that should be engaged with brand communications both long term and at a campaign level.
- Collaborate with creative, media and production team members in order to generate creative ideas founded in cultural insights, grounded in strategy and brought to life with an agile ‘test and learn’ approach.
- Accurately represents the consumer point of view when reviewing work, leveraging this perspective when providing feedback to team and presenting to client, ultimately focused on doing the best work, founded in consumer understanding and cultural intelligence.
- Provide appropriate management updates and solicit feedback and direction when appropriate.
- Participate and present in New Business efforts and presentations, when required.
- Understands role as a leader on the team. Remain approachable and act as a role model in terms of maturity, self awareness and professionalism.
- 5+ years agency experience strategically building brands and working within Media
- Interest in or experience with food and food culture a plus
- At the forefront of understanding:
- how consumers’ use of media, content and technology is evolving
- macro-cultural forces shaping and impacting consumer decisions and communications
- the shifts in consumers’ expectations of brands, experiences and content
- how the attention economy continues to evolve and the implications for brands
- the power of empathy and emotional intelligence when building brands
- Familiarity with, and ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative research plus behavioral data to draw and interpret insights.
- Proven ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and collaborative results.
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to integrated marketing planning.
- Understanding of multiple channels for communications and connections, and their role in brand and content marketing.