At VaynerMedia, we’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks creatively, shares a passion for building communities, and understands the world of both big campaigns and social micro-content. Our ACDs here serve a slightly different (and more senior) role than more traditional “digital creative types,” but thankfully we’ll never use the term “digital ninja.”
Who are you?
You’re a seasoned team leader who will create value in any situation. You’re an adaptable person who understands that a big idea can come from anywhere, and have the ability to harness creative thinking from any source into great executions. You get excited about leading the charge with your team, always elevating the level of output for all creative content, including: concepts, content calendars, copy and visuals, as well as determining the best ways to achieve our clients’ business objectives.
You can execute quickly and manage your time well, as well as the team you manage.
You understand creative problem solving and have a passion for creating compelling solutions for clients, focusing on social platforms and always pushing the best story for your brands. You'll be working exclusively within the digital and social realm, but understand that design and writing is a way of life which influences everything.
The task at hand:
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Working with an art or copy ACD partner to mentor and manage a full creative team of 10+ people, including designers, writers and content managers.
- You will be charged with guiding them to generate a wide range of concepts, high-level copywriting and content strategy, providing evaluation, mentorship, counsel, and determining assignments, promotions, and incentives as needed.
- You must be able to qualify, prioritize and delegate workloads for your team.
- Developing each team member to become confident with leadership and presentation skills, always monitoring performance and progress, and managing up to the leadership team.
- Fostering positive relationships among the internal brand teams, the creative department, direct reports, other agency partners, and clients.
- Leading the development and delivery of creative solutions, from content work to larger campaign initiatives for a variety of clients and industries. This includes both executing work on your own as well as managing and approving the work of your assigned creative team.
- You will act as quality control and brand steward for junior level team members and liaison between your team and your senior manager, including the Executive Creative Director.
- Being able to understand, articulate, and strategically apply the latest platform/industry/creative trends and digital best practices, knowing social inside out and always seeking the next opportunity in this space for your brands.
- You’ll have a mastery of industry best practices and the social platforms we love, as well as be willing to learn and articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each.
- Regularly attending client meetings to communicate creative vision and processes, bringing stellar presentation skills to the table. You must be able to read a room and adjust your style to the needs of each client. This includes being able to pivot thinking and partner with clients to help them understand work and act as a guide to do so in any situation.
- Helping streamline creative processes to improve team structure at a wider level, providing input on wider operational systems as needed.
- Actively lead and participate in new business projects.
- Co-leading /leading brainstorms and actively participating during inter- agency ideation sessions as the face of your brands. This includes helping your teams and internal brand partners hone in on creative ideas and work together to get the best ideas from each session.
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong aesthetic sense / writing sense and excellent attention to detail; sold design work and the samples to show for it.
- A strong portfolio reflecting 5-7 + years of interactive/social agency experience is required.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Advertising, Creative Writing, Fine Arts or related field or equivalent copy/design and management experience.
- Experience managing 6+ people, focusing on refining their skills and mentorship.
- Ability to carry out a concept from start to completion, on your own AND as a manager, understanding then balance between the two and delegating as needed.
- Experience evaluating teams and growing careers, the ability to supervise and train employees on an ongoing basis.
- Experience with designing all things digital and social: sites, Facebook tabs, and templates, mobile apps, content creation processes, asset development, social sweeps projects and work with tie-ins to the shopper and experiential realms.
- Stellar communication skills and ability to meet deadlines, including managing the timelines of your staff.
- A good understanding of information architecture and effective usability techniques.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills, leading and participating whenever needed.
- A talent for wearing multiple brand hats and switching easily among brand voices.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner.
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing VaynerMedia family and a smile on their face a majority of the time.
- A strong understanding of UI/UX and an interest in the big social media platforms and their abilities.
Please submit a digital portfolio with resume submissions.