Tracer is a data platform for marketing efficiency. Our technology was born out of the challenges facing today’s marketers. Incubated within VaynerMedia, we provide transparency into the performance of media investments by aggregating cross-platform data and adding business context. Tracer has a proven track record of empowering better decisions, solving data challenges for some of the world’s biggest brands.
- We are a small, focused, and collaborative team
- We are building for the long term and prioritize a good solution over a quick one
- New members quickly take on responsibility for larger parts of the application
- We know that engineers love to learn and we encourage you to take on projects outside of your focus
- Winning Together - We believe that individuals don't scale – teams do. It's not about what you can accomplish individually, it's about impacting what we can accomplish together. Share ownership, lend a hand, and make changes that empower others.
- Creating Transparency - Transparency is in the DNA of what we build, as well as who we are. Ask questions, share answers, and challenge expectations. Do so in a way that is accessible to everyone.
- Reason Not Rank - The best ideas can come from anywhere. When working towards the same goal, the quality of the solution will always outweigh the source. And the highest quality solutions will be collaborative.
- Building Community - We are a team that fosters a community to take risks, speak up, and feel heard. Community is derived from mutual respect and humility — in how we act, listen, and lead.
- Proactive Leadership - We are a proactive team that believes leadership is an action to be taken, not a title to be given.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our other DevOps Engineer (you’ll be the second!) in a highly collaborative environment focused on the growth of the whole team.
- Work with the whole team to continuously improve aspects of the entire lifecycle of the product.
- E.g faster CI, self service testing environments, enhanced alerting on app metrics
- Architect the infrastructure and tools needed to help our product as it rapidly grows.
- E.g. evaluating various batch processing tools or async message brokers
- Improve the observability, reliability and scalability of our product and infrastructure.
What We Look For
- You’ve worked with production environments in a major cloud provider (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- You know at least one common programming language, and aren’t afraid to learn new ones.
- You’ve worked with some kind of CI/CD system in the past, and are constantly looking to improve the value stream from concept to production.
- You’re excited about working with every aspect of the whole stack.
- We’re small but rapidly growing, so there’s plenty of room to take on lots of various responsibilities.
Technologies We Use
- Heroku / AWS
- CodeShip/GitHub Actions
- Cypress (E2E Testing)
- Python / Pandas
- Django REST framework
- Ember / Coffeescript / Sass / React (soon™)
What We've Got
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401K with matching
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick Days & Flexible Work Schedule
- Summer half days
- Flexible Spending Account across Commuter, Health, and Dependent Care
- Generous paid parental leave
- The week off between Christmas & New Years