VaynerTalent Job Description: Art Director
We are currently looking for an Art Director to be part of our fast-paced, collaborative, innovative and growing talent management & content team.
Who are we?
We are a modern day Talent agency. We believe in the power of human connection. We believe PEOPLE can become the world’s most powerful brands. We scale individuals’ attention and awareness through content to create impact and build business opportunities.
Who are you?
Someone who is all about hustle, flexibility, creativity, and adaptable in a growing, challenging, positive, rewarding environment. You share a passion for building personal brands and communities, and understanding the world of content. You are able to marry personal brand strategy with creative vision to drive the work forward and produce the best deliverables.
You understand creative problem solving and will be excited to create an engaging story no matter what channel it lives in. You have passion about design and video animation and a hunger to learn how to create content that tells stories and drives engagement in nuanced ways across the media landscape. You also understand that good ideas can come from anywhere and are open-minded when working with teammates. You are a flexible multi-tasker who communicates naturally, passionately, and collaboratively.
The task at hand:
- You’ll be asked to own a range of creative work from faster, “smaller” content to “bigger” conceptual builds
- You’ll master the “GaryVee Content Machine Model,” and be able to take a long-form video and turn it into a volume of designed social content (clips, gifs, graphics, photos, stories, etc.) with creativity and ingenuity
- You’ll create fundamental branding elements and style guides for high-profile personalities, with the intention of building brand equity across digital and in the world
- You’ll work closely with copywriters, producers, videographers and strategists to develop content for clients - long form video, static images, photography, gifs, short clips, stories etc.
- You’ll have a mastery of industry best practices and the platforms we love
- You’ll have strong typography skills, a love and mastery of photoshop and feel very comfortable in all adobe creative suite programs
- You’ll concept and present creative ideas to team and clients
- You’ll be obsessed with proactively creating content that grows our clients brands and advances their business objectives
The ideal candidate looks like this:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably from a design school) and 2-3 years of design experience, developing and creating for digital / social strategies + campaigns, including client-facing experience
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing the most useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects (Premiere is a plus)
- Display thought leadership in areas of concepting, design trends, branding, social media, typography, layout, I/A, design trends, platform nuances.
- Constantly seek to test, learn and optimize
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing VaynerTalent family
- A smile on their face the majority of the time
- An understanding of UI/UX and an interest in the big social media platforms and their abilities/limitations (design-wise).
- Experience working with writers, producers, videographers
- Mild to major illustration skills
- An obsession with sports, music, art, anything culture
Please submit a digital portfolio with resume submissions.