Tracer is a data platform for marketing efficiency. Our technology was born out of the challenges facing today’s marketers. Incubated within VaynerMedia, we provide transparency into the performance of media investments by aggregating cross-platform data and adding business context. Tracer has a proven track record of empowering better decisions, solving data challenges for some of the world’s biggest brands.
- We are a small, focused, and collaborative team
- We are building for the long term and prioritize a good solution over a quick one
- New members quickly take on responsibility for larger parts of the application
- We know that engineers love to learn and we encourage you to take on projects outside of your focus
- Winning Together - We believe that individuals don't scale – teams do. It's not about what you can accomplish individually, it's about impacting what we can accomplish together. Share ownership, lend a hand, and make changes that empower others.
- Creating Transparency - Transparency is in the DNA of what we build, as well as who we are. Ask questions, share answers, and challenge expectations. Do so in a way that is accessible to everyone.
- Reason Not Rank - The best ideas can come from anywhere. When working towards the same goal, the quality of the solution will always outweigh the source. And the highest quality solutions will be collaborative.
- Building Community - We are a team that fosters a community to take risks, speak up, and feel heard. Community is derived from mutual respect and humility — in how we act, listen, and lead.
- Proactive Leadership - We are a proactive team that believes leadership is an action to be taken, not a title to be given.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect robust systems for ensuring data integrity. If the data is wrong, everything we build on top of it is useless.
- Improve our ETL processes for fetching, normalizing and surfacing data across dozens of APIs, and a huge quantity of complex data sources
- Improve memory and time efficiency for thousands of daily jobs across hundreds of brands
- Improve our data retrieval engine - taking a wide array of inputs across a large number of tables and delivering an accurate result
- Build out an incredible team of data engineers
What We Look For
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Capable of architecting scalable solutions to complex data problems
- Ability to scope, coordinate, and deliver projects with multiple engineers
- Someone who can facilitate the growth of a team. See our definition of Winning Together.
Technologies We Use
- Python / Pandas
- Django REST framework
- Heroku / AWS
- Ember / Coffeescript / Sass
What We've Got
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401K with matching
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick Days & Flexible Work Schedule
- Summer half days
- Flexible Spending Account across Commuter, Health, and Dependent Care
- Generous paid parental leave
- The week off between Christmas & New Years