DIRECTOR, PROJECT MANAGEMENT
We are currently looking for a Director of Project Management to be a part of our fast-paced, collaborative, innovative social-first digital agency. Candidates need to be entrepreneurial, thrive in an open culture, and be ready to make an immediate impact in our Los Angeles office.
Who are you?
Highly organized, highly motivated, goal- and detail-oriented self starter who is passionate and experienced in all aspects of agency project management as it relates specifically to social and digital marketing. You understand and can advise on how to develop and implement appropriate portfolio processes and operations. Your experience is inclusive of, but not limited to, highly produced digital videos, highly produced social content, large websites & digital experiences, and other complex projects.
You are someone who is all about hustle, flexibility, and creative problem solving. You are a strong leader capable of building relationships, communicating ideas, and providing thoughtful, clear, actionable direction to team members and clients. You are able to partner closely with department and business leads to manage a portfolio of brands, as well as manage, grow, and lead the team of Project Managers assigned to those brands.
- Portfolio Management
- Serve as senior lead on large-scale portfolios of businesses, partnering with EVPs/SVP/VPs, and Group Creative Directors regularly on business priorities and portfolio-specific processes,
- Partner with Client Service and FinOps leads to define and monitor overall portfolio approaches, deliverables, staffing plans and agency fees.
- Understand each client engagement, including business objectives and priorities.
- Serve as a key lead on all aspects of project and retainer financials within a portfolio - ensuring proper processes, tracking methods and escalations are being adhered to
- Partner with Client Service & FinOps leads in retainer scopes, procurement requirements, and larger business planning with clients
- Team Management
- Mentor and train Project Managers to ensure optimal team dynamics and individual career growth
- Provide a pivotal communication, escalation, and negotiation point to the team.
- Support PM department head in developing, vetting and implementing process and training initiatives for department staff
- Process Management
- Responsible for the operation, customization and improvement of team processes necessary for each portfolio’s business needs
- Work with other senior department leads to maximize operational efficiencies and define processes on the team, project and portfolio levels
- Nurture cross-functional agency relationships and be the ultimate problem solver to deliver work to Clients
- Project Management
- Provide strategic program planning and oversight on a variety of marketing and advertising work, including brand creative, websites & digital experiences, social content, digital videos, events, etc
- Review budgets, project plans, and SOWs with an understanding of best practices, potential third-party capabilities, time requirements, and broader portfolio business objectives
- Work with PMs, department leads, and FinOps to assemble the best integrated teams for each assignment.
- New Client Planning
- Lead client discovery and scoping with business lead
- Develop budget, staff plan, and related contracts
- Align key internal and client stakeholders on onboarding process and key ways of working
- Provide significant support to PM during first 100 days of client engagement
The ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of , including direct experience within an agency environment in a project management capacity
- Experience with digital and social projects and deliverables ranging from $10K to $2M+
- Strong ability to partner across departments, including Client Service, Strategy, Creative, Production, Media, Tech, Ecomm, etc.
- A cool, calm and collected approach to problem solving
- Understanding of, and experience executing, projects that adhere to platform guidelines, legal considerations, advertising regulations and social/digital best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, and as a part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for team leadership, mentorship, and development of junior talent