VaynerMedia is a digital agency that helps Fortune 500 companies tell their stories. Our expertise in strategy, creative, photo and video production, and ad buying yields work that drives actual business results. We day-trade consumer attention, guiding our diverse clientele to focus on the platforms that command the attention of their specific customers, whom we captivate with the highly targeted videos and content we develop. With offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, Chattanooga, TN, and Singapore we market for the year we live in, we live and breathe emerging technology and we are always growing.
The Director, Programmatic Media is chiefly responsible for managing a division inside our Paid Media Department made up of Analysts, Senior Analysts, Managers, and Associate Directors. You will be tasked with becoming a trusted, respected leader within the organization and relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, client/partner relationships and general media executional excellence.
- Oversee a team of media buyers, providing leadership, mentorship, vision and technical expertise
- Act as a key contact for client and platform partners, operating as a go-to voice and leader
- Lead check-ins with key account and media counterparts to ensure projects are moving ahead and are thoughtful, high quality, and exceeding client expectations
- Develop and deliver sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights and QA
- Create media plans, assist in presentation material creation, and provide strategic guidance on reporting calls with clients.
- Work to proactively bring new/emerging opportunities to clients, pushing the envelope of media excellence
- Forge new relationships with clients, and ultimately maintain account/s for the well-being of the immediate team and the larger agency.
- Work in conjunction with HR to teach, engage, and grow direct reports and provide a positive work environment
- Regularly meet with direct reports to get feedback, provide council, discuss problems or successes, etc
- Collaborate across disciplines, specifically planning and analytics, to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- Continue to establish internal policies and POVs on agency partnerships, the general digital media landscape, and current client business cases
- Provide thought leadership around how the unit of business should be run, in tandem with setting both internal and external expectations as to the realities of daily business execution
- Manage up to senior leadership corresponding the most crucial aspects of a client's business, keeping them abreast of any pertinent developments and urgent client needs
- A minimum 7+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale programmatic CTV/OTT, Video, Audio, Native and Display campaigns that drove tangible business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising and/or a related field of study.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment using independent thinking, creative problem solving and a positive can-do, highly collaborative attitude.
- A proven track record of large-scale media buying expertise and certification across several biddable platforms, in particular with:
- The Trade Desk
- Amazon DSP
And hands-on experience with the following channels and platforms:
- Paid Social: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Paid Search: Google Ads
- Double-Click Campaign Manager (DCM)
- Data Management Platforms like LiveRamp, Krux, Adobe, Oracle
- Fluency with analytics, attribution and measurement systems. Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- ACR & Cross-Device attribution
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle