VaynerMedia is a digital agency that helps Fortune 500 companies tell their stories. Our expertise in strategy, creative, photo and video production, and ad buying yields work that drives actual business results. We day-trade consumer attention, guiding our diverse clientele to focus on the platforms that command the attention of their specific customers, whom we captivate with the highly targeted videos and content we develop. With offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, Chattanooga, TN, and Singapore we market for the year we live in, we live and breathe emerging technology and we are always growing.
VaynerMedia is looking for an experienced data scientist with strong business acumen to join our rapidly growing Data team. This role will have high visibility within the company, partnering with media, business development, and strategy teams. You will work with large volumes of social engagement and transaction data from with intent of discovering trends, analyzing patterns, as well as providing ad-hoc exploration to make ambiguous data actionable.
- Provide thought leadership in a number of areas, including customer segmentation, behavior based modeling (propensity, churn, LTV, etc.) data strategy and analytic approaches.
- Work with Clients to answer strategic business questions through the use and modeling of behavioral data
- Develop 1-1 personalization approach utilizing a vast store of behavioral data
- Develop and execute testing and optimization plans for ongoing marketing campaigns
- Integrate with and improve existing machine learning pipelines on propensity scoring and LTV projection to granularize the understanding of user journey and customer value
- Drive the buildout and improvement of ETL pipelines in support of data aggregation, movement and analysis
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 6+ years of experience in database mining/marketing with very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets.
- Must be able to synthesize disparate data to mine and communicate insights
- Experience with large individual customer behavioral data sets (gaming, retail, financial services) and expertise in communication channel best practices, including multi-channel marketing.
- Technical mastery in advanced database mining tools such as SQL and SAS/R/Python (any of the three) with the ability to coach and train others on best practice.
- Exceptional data analysis in Excel including ability to write macros
- A Bachelor’s degree in Data Science or related quantitative fields. Post-graduate qualifications preferred!
- Visualization & Presentation – Represent complex information in easily understood visualization (including Tableau, PowerPoint, etc).
- Project Management – Strong attention to detail, willingness to wear multiple hats, building and tracking a work plan in a fast-based environment
- Marketing Measurement Methodologies – Familiarity around measuring digital impact (MMM, closed loop studies, geographic and pacing variability modeling, regression)