IT Support Specialist
VaynerMedia Limited (London, UK)
VaynerX is looking for an IT Support Specialist to assist with the day-to-day tech needs of our full-service digital agency, from desktop troubleshooting to maintaining our post-production systems. Are you the IT superhero we’re looking for?
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone whose primary skill set is supporting Mac computers and local A/V in an enterprise environment. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the deployment and support of Apple hardware (and a few PCs) for the London and Singapore satellite offices of over 80 users, working closely with the IT team in NY. Additionally, you will be the key point of contact for the oversight and management of our digital media hardware and software, ensuring files and footage are stored and backed up properly. You will be working closely with our local Senior Editor and Director of Delivery to ensure we have the proper equipment and fit out to support our expanding in-house production needs, consulting with our Technology Director, Vayner Productions in NY.
We value a strong attention to detail and want someone who will ensure all of our tracking and process-oriented tasks are done to 100% completion. When it comes to helping your fellow employees with tech issues, you are warm, friendly, and bring empathy to every interaction. You’re also resourceful. Patient, but eager. You’re as cool as the other side of the pillow, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You can adapt to change at a moment’s notice, and you know how to communicate effectively with everyone around you. You have interest or exposure to the environment of a post facility and have a passion to keep up with new and evolving technologies and workflows.
- Deploy and troubleshoot Mac and Windows computers for our London office and newly established Singapore office (remotely), resolving issues via VaynerX’s ticketing system
- Set up desk equipment and user accounts for new and existing employees
- Follow and enforce policies established by the Global IT team
- Work with UK-specific vendors to resolve such things as internet connectivity or phone issues
- Ensure desktop, conference room, and technical equipment is functioning properly, arranging service for broken equipment and/or troubleshoot/perform minor repairs when necessary
- Work with US based systems admins to provide hands-on support for on-site servers and network hardware
- Maintain and support post-production systems, including non-linear editing, graphic design software, storage, server and production asset management tools.
- Partner and consult with VaynerX IT department and VaynerProduction, to ensure the general London IT and production offering and management is cohesive with larger VaynerX and VPro protocols/systems
- Responsible for relevant purchasing/procurement for the London office
The ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience working in an IT technical support role; Mac focus is required
- Knowledge of Apple’s service process (GSX) and general Mac troubleshooting steps
- Experience with Windows PCs, Microsoft Office, G Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with enterprise management tools like JAMF and Meraki Systems Manager is a big plus.
- Experience with A/V setup and live events
- Familiarity of and interest in film/video post-production techniques, software, hardware, and workflow
- Familiarity with software programs including Premiere, Avid, Editshare, along with the knowledge of their specific workflows is a strong plus
- Ability to learn and perform installations, server configurations, and write technical workflow documentation
- Strong technical ability and excellent customer service skills
- The ability to adapt to change and work through ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and laser focus on tech processes
- Ability to work as part of a global team, but with limited local supervision