This individual has experience growing direct-to-consumer brands using customer retention marketing tactics to drive business results and show positive return on marketing spend. Our Retention Lead should have the capacity to test, develop, and execute lifecycle strategies to deepen engagement with our clients’ customers, reduce churn, and improve LTV.
Responsible for overseeing the audit, planning, development, and execution of customer retention & email marketing campaigns that generate awareness, consideration, revenue, and build customer loyalty across several clients.
- Analyze customer performance, retention, and LTV on behalf of our clients and identify opportunities to engage customers along their journey to increase revenue, reduce churn, increase customer sentiment, grow community, and more
- Audit existing email programs and promotional marketing calendars; develop improved customer communication strategies to increase acquisition, engagement, customer retention, and revenue for our clients
- Develop and execute strategies that leverage the power of community and user-generated content, such as reviews, to turn customers into brand advocates
- Strategize and assist in activating customer service initiatives and loyalty or rewards programs for our clients in order to boost post-purchase engagement and increase LTV
- Define KPIs for customer acquisition and retention campaigns, with a focus on email marketing; monitor, report on performance, and adjust strategies to achieve objectives
- Assist in implementing technology that will drive the best possible customer engagement programs including: automating processes, personalization, data segmentation, list development, triggered email campaigns, and CRM tool optimization
- Strategize with brands to create high-engaging content and email design as well as manage the delivery of all creative assets for email programming
- Own the end-to-end testing and optimization roadmap for our clients’ customers, including concepting, executing, and reporting out test results
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure consistent strategy, share knowledge and define processes through well-developed documentation and roadmapping
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure that campaigns are executed accurately, effectively, and within budget
- Serve as a subject matter expert and function as a center of excellence for customer retention best practices and compliance
- 3+ years of lifecycle/retention, consulting, or analytics experience. Experience with DTC companies or subscription-based businesses a plus
- Experience leveraging data-driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction and optimize programs
- Technical understanding of skills and tools including but not limited to: email production, email service providers, product review tools, 3rd party eCommerce platform apps, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-growth team, with the ability to lead multiple cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and communication skills
E-commerce Marketing; Conversion Rate Optimization; A/B Testing; Retention Marketing; Go-to-Market Strategy; Digital Marketing Strategy; Product Strategy; Product Launch; Product Pricing Strategy; Product Management; Competitive Analysis; Reporting; Visualization; Cross-functional Team Leadership; team management and development