VaynerMedia is obsessed with marketing for the moment we live in. We have an insatiable desire to help brands navigate the ever-changing waters of digital and social marketing and emerging technologies, globally.
We’re looking for Singapore-based Media Directors to lead this work, by providing insights-driven media and measurement strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing and mentoring the founding team at Vayner Singapore!
The Role In A Nutshell : The Director, Media Buying is chiefly responsible for managing a division inside our Paid Media Department made up of Analysts, Senior Analysts, Managers, and Associate Directors. You will be tasked with becoming a trusted, respected leader within the organization and relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, client/partner relationships and general media executional excellence.
A proven track record of large scale media buying proficiency across several biddable platforms is a must, with particular depth in all or a majority of the following: Facebook/Instagram, Google (Search, YouTube, DV360),Programmatic Display/OLV, Publisher Direct. Fluency with analytics, attribution and measurement systems is also required (including but not limited to GA360, Adobe, MOAT/IAS/DoubleVerify, Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle, Neustar/Visual IQ/Convertro, etc.).
You will report into a VP, Media and will work on a cohesive team consisting of buying, planning and analytics professionals working across one or more large APAC-based clients.
- Oversee a team of 4+ media buyers focused on 1-3+ clients, providing leadership, mentorship, vision and technical expertise, working in conjunction with HR and other teams to foster team career growth and a positive work environment
- Embody a true leadership mentality and be willing to devote your days to making your team successful, working for them, not above them
- Leading by example in terms of attention to detail, general work ethic, empathy and internal/external professionalism
- Act as a key contact for client and platform partners, operating as a go-to voice and leader for them
- Collaborate across disciplines, specifically planning and analytics, to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- Develop and deliver senior-level, sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights and best-in-class expertise and thought leadership
- Provide clear delegation of responsibilities across your organization and making expectations for success clear and concise
- Operate as a “player/coach”, able to jump in and get into the weeds as needed to keep campaign work moving in the right direction
- Continuously strive for improvement across all team processes to streamline workflow and benefit larger team
- Take responsibility for and rectify (as needed) any mistakes or errors made by team members and implement standards / practices / methods to ensure errors do not repeat themselves
- Work to proactively bring new/emerging opportunities to clients, pushing the envelope of media excellence
- Demonstrate the ability to navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group and gain a deep understanding of their unique company architectures to ultimately build the strongest holistic relationship possible
- Contribute to the continued growth and stability of VaynerMedia, being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company over the long-run
Desired Attributes and Skills
- Inspire, motivate, coach and mentor teams, building strong executions and having fun doing it
- "Buck stops with you" mentality, where you have accountability for every hiccup/issue, even ones outside of your control, and work collaboratively and positively to rectify them
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop rapport within your team and across teams, often dealing with a diverse array of skill sets and personalities
- Comfortable leading large meetings internally and externally
- An approach to communication (email, live, phone) that is always strategic and thoughtful, as well as crystal clear internally and externally
- A strong attention to deadlines and details and a focus on flawless execution + delivery at all times
- Comfortable in excel and/or other data analysis/visualization platforms
- Ability to proactively manage up as required to avoid client/partner issues and flag + solve problems before they arise
- Deeply familiar with the Singapore market, with APAC region familiarity a strong plus
- A tight network of marketing professionals in the APAC region
- A University degree, where a quantitative-based major is a plus (Economics, Math, Statistics, Psychology, Finance/Accounting, etc.)
- A minimum 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of executing sophisticated, large scale digital media programs that drove tangible business outcomes
- Advanced written, presentation and general communication skills
- Experience dealing with non-core buying teams, specifically media & communications planning, analytics, traditional media buying, and others
- Proven output rooted in highly strategic thinking that leveraged unique insights to drive disproportionate success
- Examples of leaning into new/emerging platform opportunities to drive media innovation
- Experience leading and managing teams of at least 5 individuals (cross-disciplinary a plus)
- An infectious smile, upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to an already strong company culture