At VaynerMedia, we’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks creatively – and share a passion for building communities and understanding a world of micro-content. In that case, our designers serve a slightly different role than more traditional “digital creative types” but thankfully none of which involve the term “design ninja
Who are you?
An ultimate team player who will create value in any situation. You understand creative problem solving and will be excited to create an engaging story no matter what channel it lives in. You have passion about design and a hunger to learn how to create pieces that drive engagement and extend brand experiences. However, you also understand that good ideas can come from anywhere and are open-minded when working with teammates. You are a flexible multi-tasker who communicates naturally, passionately, and collaboratively. You'll be working exclusively within the digital realm (no print work) and the portfolio you submit should reflect this, but we also love seeing your overall solutions and ideas throughout your book.
The task at hand:
- You’ll be asked to do a range of creative work from faster, “smaller” pieces to “bigger” builds for a range of clients, as well as VaynerMedia-wide projects
- You’ll work within a dynamic team structure with several creative leads, helping to support and deliver on our core community and brand specific campaigns
- You’ll have a mastery of industry best practices and the platforms we love, as well as be willing to learn and articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each
- You’ll care about concepting, designing, developing, and putting the team in the best position to present our ideas way more than you do about getting credit for the work
- You’re expected to be as much of a friendly teacher as a proficient doer when working within our Account team structure
- You’ll have strong typography skills, a love and mastery of photoshop and feel very comfortable in all adobe creative suite programs
The ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably from a design school) and 2-3 years of design experience, developing and creating for digital / social strategies + campaigns, including client-facing experience
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing the most useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner
- A sparkling personality that will mesh well with the existing VaynerMedia family
- A smile on their face the majority of the time
- An understanding of UI/UX and an interest in the big social media platforms and their abilities/limitations (design-wise).
- Experience working with writers, developers and team focused creative process
- Mild to major illustration skills
- An obsession with sports, music, or food-we love people who can bring their own interests into the mix
Please submit a digital portfolio with resume submissions.