In a Nutshell:
Our Media Planning Teams facilitate processes across media planning, buying, our clients, and vendors overseeing the execution of media plans from inception to completion. The Director of Media Planning will lead as the marketing partner to their clients, providing strategic direction & innovative thinking while strengthening client and partner agency relationships. The Director will be responsible for building efficient processes, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing and mentoring their teams. You will be a driving force for planning ideation; supporting media-execution; and media-led creative in the digital space.
What You’d Do:
● Foster strong collaboration with internal teams that include Insights & Strategy, Creative, Project Management, Media Buying/Investment, and Analytics from brief to execution to keep projects moving forward
● Represent the client’s point of view when collaborating with cross-discipline functions while reviewing work and leverage this perspective when providing feedback to team and presenting to client
● Provide excellent client service managing expectations of deliverables and relaying strategic shifts regularly.
● Maintain relationships with media vendor community and continue to develop platform, publisher, and brand relationships. ● Consult and guide clients on technical side of ad ops, platform nuance, and guidance of media strategy to identify and sell-through campaign and incremental campaign opportunities to help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars ●
Oversee budget tracking on a bi-weekly basis conducting QA checks. ● Develop and deliver senior-level media strategy to clients across all levels that are derived from industry insights and expertise creating quarterly decks, performance recaps, etc.
● Lead the process of strategic media planning and regularly meet with direct reports overseeing deliverables, providing council, addressing potential issues, in an attempt to continue to foster growth of your team members.
● Consistently work to maintain the success of campaigns: update working presentations, media strategy, plan summaries, exec summaries, etc.
● Contribute to the continued growth and stability of VaynerMedia, by identifying opportunities to offer other VaynerMedia services to existing clients and introducing new clients to our offerings.
What You’ve Got:
● Entrepreneurial street cred or a bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of industry related experience in a media planning agency role, with emphasis on digital or integrated planning and campaign management.
● Bachelor's degree or Entrepreneurial street cred with a track record of managing and executing digital programs and investments meeting/exceeding both client and agency objectives & goals
● Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities
● Experience managing the executional side of media buying across several biddable platforms with particular depth in all or a majority of the following: ○ Social: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn ○ Google: DV360 or Google Ads, YouTube ○ Double Click Campaign Manager ○ Search ○ Display / Video ○ Amazon ○ Programmatic Display ○ Publisher Direct
● Fluency with analytics, attribution and measurement systems. Including but not limited to: ○ Google Analytics ○ MOAT/IAS/Double Verify ○ Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement ○ Experience working with attribution partners ○ MTA: VIQ, Neustera ○ Foot Traffic: Placed, 9th Decimal, PlaceIQ, ○ Call Attribution: Dialogtech
● Experience leading and managing growing teams of at least 10 people
● Advanced written and presentation communication skills
● A proven understanding and expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space and how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands What We’re Looking for:
● Someone that lives for today’s digital & mobile consumer who is passionate about developing brand-specific strategies and constantly seeks out innovative partners/platforms to identify new opportunities.
● An individual who demonstrates the ability to navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group, gain an understanding of their unique company architectures, to build and strengthen relationships with essential stakeholders
● A person that is well versed in media who can utilize resources to help guide client’s marketing goals in their respective markets (syndicated, proprietary, analyst data)
● Understand and adopt new techniques and technologies that are relevant for clients’ media strategies.