VaynerMedia is obsessed with marketing for the moment we live in. We have an insatiable desire to help brands navigate the ever-changing waters of digital and social marketing and emerging technologies.
We’re looking for an Account Director to lead this work, by providing insights-driven strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing and mentoring your teams.
The task at hand (AKA the role & responsibilities)
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor Client Service teams in VaynerMedia's commitment to providing best-in-class social & digital marketing counsel, while contributing to the career growth of your team members. You will communicate directly into a VP or SVP, overseeing several client “brand families”, while managing and motivating a team of Account Supervisors that are typically managing 2-4 brands.
- Develop and deliver senior-level social strategy to CMO-level clients, derived from industry insights and category expertise. (Our client’s challenges become ours! We need to understand their highly-individual market conditions, and the levers of growth to focus on that will drive business results)
- Eat, breathe, and sleep today’s digital & mobile consumer, to develop brand-specific strategies that, ultimately, help them sell shit (that’s why we love social and digital marketing, after all!).
- Guide and contribute in the development of Creative ideas and deliverables
- Be well versed in the various Paid Media and Measurement opportunities in social, digital, and broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals. A working knowledge of Facebook and Twitter’s Ad products is essential, as well as maturing platforms including Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Identify and help sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars
- The ability to navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group, gain an understanding of their unique company architectures, to build and strengthen relationships with essential stakeholders
- Responsible for assignments centered around operational and internal initiatives, as provided by the Leadership team
- Collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Creative, Production, Analytics/Insights, Media, Community Management) to improve and execute on client deliverables, process, and output
- Contribute to the continued growth and stability of VaynerMedia, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today and tomorrow
The ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor's degree or Entrepreneurial street creds and 7-10 years of experience working within the social/digital and agency space
- Advanced written and presentation communication skills
- A proven understanding and expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space and how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Foster strong relationships and collaboration with cross-discipline teams that include Creative, Project Management, Media, and Analytics -- from initial brief and brainstorm, to campaign execution and measurement
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities
- Experience leading and managing growing teams of at least 10 people
- Top-notch social and communication skills to deliver impeccable strategic social counsel
- An infectious smile, upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to an already ridiculously-strong company culture.
NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.K.